Photographing tombstones.

Old January 26th 19, 07:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Photographing tombstones.

On 2019-01-26 10:18, Carlos E.R. wrote:
On 26/01/2019 00.57, Peter Jason wrote:
Sometimes, on a sunny day, I like to visit
cemeteries to photograph tombstones.

However, the text on most old headstones is hard
to read.

Is there some PShop trick to enhance the writing &
engravings?

If you want legibility, I would try adjusting the curve (however
photoshop calls that), trying to enhance a portion of the "greys".
Hopefully the letters are just a bit darker, so the idea is to increase
the contrast between the letters and the surrounding area.

Better to simply photograph it in the first place to enhance the
contrast (without going overboard).

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
Old January 26th 19, 07:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
danny burstein

[snip]

One other suggestion if... workable..

Wetting down the surface of the tombstone
often (depending on the material and the
ambient light, etc.) makes the etchings
more visible.

Old January 26th 19, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_5_]

On 25/01/2019 23:57, Peter Jason wrote:
Sometimes, on a sunny day, I like to visit
cemeteries to photograph tombstones.

Next time you do so, play this music in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzeExJEnDwU

It's so strange that you make this post now. If you read the comments,
Peter, you'll understand why. I've also added a link to a photograph of
my son's memorial.

--
David B.
Old January 27th 19, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Stop high jacking threads!
Old January 27th 19, 02:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

danny burstein:

[snip]

One other suggestion if... workable..

Wetting down the surface of the tombstone
often (depending on the material and the
ambient light, etc.) makes the etchings
more visible.

It's probably also illegal to **** on a tombstone. Though one of my
ex-wives said she was going to pour vodka on my grave‹but to avoid
waste she was going to drink it first. Sadly for her, I outlived her.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old January 28th 19, 03:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Peter Jason

On Sat, 26 Jan 2019 10:57:01 +1100, Peter Jason
wrote:

Sometimes, on a sunny day, I like to visit
cemeteries to photograph tombstones.

However, the text on most old headstones is hard
to read.

Is there some PShop trick to enhance the writing &
engravings?
Peter

Thankk you for replies.
Notorious examples....
https://postimg.cc/gallery/27kzty6ko/
HDR doesn't help.

I'll priobably get one of these
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mechanic... z:rk:18:pf:0

Old January 28th 19, 04:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Carlos E.R.

wrote:

Sometimes, on a sunny day, I like to visit
cemeteries to photograph tombstones.

However, the text on most old headstones is hard
to read.

Is there some PShop trick to enhance the writing &
engravings?
Peter

Thankk you for replies.
Notorious examples....
https://postimg.cc/gallery/27kzty6ko/
HDR doesn't help.

I tried with the second of those there (big grey stone to the right),
but there is not enough resolution to work. Just 8 Mpix (3264×2448 pixels).

--
Cheers, Carlos.