Why when I go to photograph someone they always feel they need to look right at the camera and smile.

Old April 9th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

Default Why when I go to photograph someone they always feel they need to look right at the camera and smile.

http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/76871456/original

Scott

Old April 9th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
jloo

I think people photographing is more difficult that most photo's.
I have to get brave and just get in and get out and snap.
It must be in our native history when we were first handed a mirror or a
handful of beads.......
Smile........
Smile your on Candid Camera.....hum.
I do like to photo people,and them doing things....and not posing.
Smiling is a tough one.......
0)
John Loomis
ps.com...

Old April 9th 07, 02:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
jloo

Then I snapped on your web page.........!
I have to smile at that!
John Loomis
ps.com...

Old April 9th 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Apr 8, 3:31 pm, "jloo" wrote:
I think people photographing is more difficult that most photo's.
I have to get brave and just get in and get out and snap.
It must be in our native history when we were first handed a mirror or a
handful of beads.......
Smile........
Smile your on Candid Camera.....hum.
I do like to photo people,and them doing things....and not posing.
Smiling is a tough one.......
0)

I really do have the problem with people as well, but when a lizard
looks right at me and appears to smile it is just too much.

Scott

Old April 9th 07, 11:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan[_3_]

Cute! A bit of levity to a subject that plagues us all.

Old April 9th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Scott W wrote:
On Apr 8, 3:31 pm, "jloo" wrote:
I think people photographing is more difficult that most photo's.
I have to get brave and just get in and get out and snap.
It must be in our native history when we were first handed a mirror or a
handful of beads.......
Smile........
Smile your on Candid Camera.....hum.
I do like to photo people,and them doing things....and not posing.
Smiling is a tough one.......
0)

I really do have the problem with people as well, but when a lizard
looks right at me and appears to smile it is just too much.

Were it anyone else, I'd have thought you were putting us on! Great shot.

Also very fond of DSC12323.jpg... is the canoe fiberglass or wood?

--
John McWilliams
Old April 10th 07, 01:30 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Scott W

On Apr 9, 11:21 am, John McWilliams wrote:
Scott W wrote:
On Apr 8, 3:31 pm, "jloo" wrote:
I think people photographing is more difficult that most photo's.
I have to get brave and just get in and get out and snap.
It must be in our native history when we were first handed a mirror or a
handful of beads.......
Smile........
Smile your on Candid Camera.....hum.
I do like to photo people,and them doing things....and not posing.
Smiling is a tough one.......
0)

I really do have the problem with people as well, but when a lizard
looks right at me and appears to smile it is just too much.

Were it anyone else, I'd have thought you were putting us on! Great shot.

Also very fond of DSC12323.jpg... is the canoe fiberglass or wood?

That boat is fiberglass. The photo was taken durning the Molokai Hoe,
which is a race from Molokai to Oaho, the waters can be rough enough
to destroy the wooden boats so we don't race our wooden boat in that
race.

Here is a photo of our wooden boat, made of koa wood.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/61792912/original

Scott