20D: ROLLING INTO SPRING!

Old March 27th 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Scott W

Default 20D: ROLLING INTO SPRING!

On Mar 26, 8:05 pm, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
Scott W wrote:
On Mar 26, 7:38 pm, "MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number
wrote:
Scott W wrote:
On Mar 26, 4:57 pm, wrote:
On Mar 27, 10:21 am, "Annika1980" wrote:

Everybody loves Springtime and the
20D!http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76229970/original

A couple of other shots taken this
AM:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/7622...e.com/bret/ima...

Oh, and for those of you down under getting ready for Winter,
well it sucks to be you!

This is a good photo?
What did you use? a kodak camera?
You really must be joking? Did you actually check the focus and
contrast or did you just snap it off and hope we are all blind?
Learn some composition basics and get your monitor fixed. There are
no details in horses.

Vlad

Take a careful look at this and tell me what you see.
http://www.pbase.com/konascott/image/76243413

Scott

You win POST OF THE WEEK, Scott!
Do you mind if I use that image, or shall I create my own?
It might save a minute or two...but what a great idea... Really.
-MarkČ

Feel free to use it, I hereby put it in the public domain.

Scott

What, no $500 royalty?

Now if I were Douglas I would be threatening to sue anyone who used
it.

Scott

Old March 27th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
MarkČ

wrote:
Scott W wrote:
On Mar 26, 4:57 pm, wrote:
[...]

But what about the huge white text across it, claiming it as your own??

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 27th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Rob

AM:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/7622...image/76229979

Oh, and for those of you down under getting ready for Winter,
well it sucks to be you!

This is a good photo?
What did you use? a kodak camera?
You really must be joking? Did you actually check the focus and
contrast or did you just snap it off and hope we are all blind?
Learn some composition basics and get your monitor fixed.

There are no
details in horses.

Time to check YOUR monitor, bub.
For dark horses in diffused light, the detail is very good.

As for the flower:
He focused on the stamen, and he shot at f4.
Do you know the difference between shallow DOF and an out-of-focus image?

Maybe Dmac has another alias
Old March 27th 07, 09:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Richard Polhill

A couple of other shots taken this AM:http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/7622...image/76229979

Oh, and for those of you down under getting ready for Winter,
well it sucks to be you!

This is a good photo?
What did you use? a kodak camera?
You really must be joking? Did you actually check the focus and
contrast or did you just snap it off and hope we are all blind?
Learn some composition basics and get your monitor fixed. There are no
details in horses.

Vlad

Regular readers will already know that Bret is proof that the ability to run
of thousands of photos a week does not improve your composition skills one
iota. No matter how much self-promotion. At least he attributes the good
points in his pictures - generally well exposed and sharp - to the equipment.
Old March 27th 07, 11:32 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Max Bialystock

Default ROLLING INTO SPRING!

oups.com...

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76229975
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/76229979

Oh, and for those of you down under getting ready for Winter,
well it sucks to be you!

Beautiful!!

Old March 27th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Joan

Nice photos, Bret, but how long since you've been to Australia in mid
year?

Come on down, we can show you how good a winter can be.

--
Joan

:

Old March 27th 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
[email protected]

On Mar 27, 4:49 am, Richard Polhill
[...]

The reason why I'm such a big fan of Brets is simple. He has proven
to be a great photographer....period. His composition skills along
with his well exposed and sharp images say it all. I see a man who is
a dedicated photographer who enjoys sharing his work for others to
view. He takes critique very well, and actually finds it helpful.
He's got the guts to post his images on a regular basis, which is more
than most on this NG. As for attributing his great images to his
equipment, I stongly disagree. My brother has a friend who owns a
very sophisticated Canon camera, but he couldn't take a decent pic if
his life depended on it. Give credit where credit is due. It's
Bret's skill that makes his images stand out.
Helen

Old March 27th 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,aus.photo
Joan

Please show us your portfolio.

--
Joan

"Richard Polhill" wrote in
message . ..
:
: But that's my point: they don't. They look like any typical
snapshooter's
: photo album, enhanced by the 20D's capacity generate very sharp and
saturated
: photos, and the use of very long lenses to acquire close cropped
photos of the
: wildlife that is obviously prolific in his part of the world.
:
: They're fine and pleasant, but almost entirely artless.