30 SECONDS WITH THE 20D !!!

Old October 20th 04, 02:22 AM
Alan Browne

Annika1980 wrote:

It should be near Cassiopeia.
Here is a better one of Cassiopeia, showing slight star blur due to the long
exposure. I think you'll recognize a few things in there.

That little 'hook' on the upper left of ea. star is lack of cable release,
methinks ... MLU not needed for such long shots.

You also caught Andromeda in the

http://www.aliasimages.com/images/35...r.andromed.jpg
http://www.aliasimages.com/images/35...star.and_i.jpg

let's zoom in:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/skyimage_1815_9494148 (boy look at the detail we can
suck out there! ;-| 2 million light years away... did you use the better beamer?)

Btw, what is a good low-cost tracking device that I can use to track the stars
with my DSLR?

http://hardinoptical.com/8lx200gps.html is low cost (snicker) but I don't think
AF or AE will work on your camera.

Old October 20th 04, 02:51 AM
William Graham

"Owamanga" wrote in message
On 19 Oct 2004 03:06:40 GMT, (Annika1980) wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/35233613

It always amazes me how fast the damn stars move (okay, it's us, but,
whatever) that would streak at 30secs but we can't see it with the
naked eye...

Well, that's about .002 degrees, or .125 minutes of arc......

Old October 20th 04, 05:27 AM
Annika1980

From: Alan Browne

You also caught Andromeda in the

Yes, that's why I posted that one for Michael. There is also at least one
meteor streak.

let's zoom in:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/skyimage_1815_9494148 (boy look at the detail we can

suck out there! ;-| 2 million light years away... did you use the better
beamer?)

No, just the pop-up flash.
Who Rules?

Old October 20th 04, 05:27 AM
Annika1980

Old October 20th 04, 08:01 PM
Leonard

"Alan Browne" wrote in message
. ..
Annika1980 wrote:

Btw, what is a good low-cost tracking device that I can use to track the
stars
with my DSLR?

http://hardinoptical.com/8lx200gps.html is low cost (snicker) but I don't
think AF or AE will work on your camera.

And it's quite a slow lens. I'd have thought an A-P 400GTO would be
more Anni's style.

- Len

Old October 26th 04, 01:16 AM
Peter Chant

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 20:19:07 -0400, Michael A. Covington wrote:

How about an untra low noise 1 pixel camera...

That is called a photomultiplier tube, and we measure star brightnesses with
them. Really.

I've heard of them. How do you ensure light from only one star is hitting
it?