Small Digital Camera

Old September 21st 04, 03:06 PM
ChrisDoc

Default Small Digital Camera

I'm after a very small digital camera, it must be at least 3MP and
have 3x Optical Zoom.
I'm interested in the Pentax Optio S4i which has dimensions around
52*83*20
Is there anything similar/better that I should be looking at?

Many thanks

Old September 21st 04, 04:25 PM
Tony Morgan

In message , ChrisDoc
writes
I'm after a very small digital camera, it must be at least 3MP and have
3x Optical Zoom. I'm interested in the Pentax Optio S4i which has
dimensions around 52*83*20 Is there anything similar/better that I
should be looking at?

Sony F88. I've had mine for nearly two months and I'm extremely pleased
with it. A review can be found he
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/F88/F88A.HTM

I'd suggest you jump to the Conclusion at the very end of the page, and
then resume at the beginning and work your way through.
--
Tony Morgan
http://www.camcord.info

Old September 21st 04, 04:29 PM
Nostrobino

"ChrisDoc" wrote in message
I'm after a very small digital camera, it must be at least 3MP and
have 3x Optical Zoom.
I'm interested in the Pentax Optio S4i which has dimensions around
52*83*20
Is there anything similar/better that I should be looking at?

Yep. The Minolta DiMAGE Xg. It's 3.2Mp, has a 3x optical zoom (135
equivalent 37-111mm), is 85.5x67x20mm and weighs 120g. That's a little more
in height than the Pentax Optio S4i, but its "folded" zoom lens never
extends from the body so it stays just as flat when turned on, which of
course the Pentax does not. There are similar X series models from Minolta
ranging from 2Mp to 5Mp, but the Xg is my favorite. I have one (as well as
the Xt which preceded it) and I love it.

N.

Old September 21st 04, 05:57 PM
HRosita

Hi,

the Canon Elf are small and quite good.
check the details at pcnation.com

http://pcnation.com/web/details.asp?item=998420
Rosita

Old September 21st 04, 05:57 PM
HRosita

check the details at pcnation.com

Old September 21st 04, 05:57 PM
HRosita

check the details at pcnation.com

Old September 21st 04, 08:05 PM
Frank ess

Nostrobino wrote:
"ChrisDoc" wrote in message
I'm after a very small digital camera, it must be at least 3MP and
have 3x Optical Zoom.
I'm interested in the Pentax Optio S4i which has dimensions around
52*83*20
Is there anything similar/better that I should be looking at?

Yep. The Minolta DiMAGE Xg. It's 3.2Mp, has a 3x optical zoom (135
equivalent 37-111mm), is 85.5x67x20mm and weighs 120g. That's a
little more in height than the Pentax Optio S4i, but its "folded"
zoom lens never extends from the body so it stays just as flat when
turned on, which of course the Pentax does not. There are similar X
series models from Minolta ranging from 2Mp to 5Mp, but the Xg is my
favorite. I have one (as well as the Xt which preceded it) and I love
it.

N.

I have a lot of photo equipmnet, but this Xt is the one that gets the
most
use, day in and day out.

Views of the Xt and its
predecessor, and some example photos:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/BC32073BD1DA91E
http://www.fototime.com/inv/B51CA34810BA0D1
http://www.fototime.com/inv/D1400EF27A5935D

First attempt at sharing video from Xt (it's about 3MB; make sure your
sound
is on; Fototime converts the original MOV file to Windows video, the
orig is
still available if you want it; some browsers want you to download, MSIE
opens the WinPlayer and awaaaay you go):
http://www.fototime.com/ADEA7BDBA90A1D8/conv.wmv

--
Frank ess