The Photoshop Family

Old February 12th 14, 08:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

Default The Photoshop Family

Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say about
the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop Lightroom
- Photoshop Elements

Depending on your photographic needs, one of the applications under the
brand name Photoshop will probably serve it.

(as an aside, Adobe lists Elements for $100, not $50).

--
Sandman[.net]
Old February 12th 14, 09:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-02-12 21:18:35 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On 12 Feb 2014 20:32:43 GMT, Sandman wrote:

Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say about
the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop Lightroom
- Photoshop Elements

Gee, I'll bet no one here knew that. Evidently, you don't know that
Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements Pro, and Adobe
Premiere Elements CC are also family members.

Depending on your photographic

Editing. Adobe does not offer a product that takes photographs.

needs, one of the applications under the
brand name Photoshop will probably serve it.

(as an aside, Adobe lists Elements for $100, not $50).

nospam's figure is not that far off. He's been pretty clear that
Elements is available for less than Adobe's list price from other
vendors. The "street price" varies by version, and it's not always
necessary to have the most current version. Version 12 is available
for under $60.

....and my copy of PSE9 obtained via a bundle with something or other I
bought (Wacom, Roxio, or whatever) works fine on this Mac running OSX
10.9.1. Effectively due to the bundle was for all intents and purposes
free.
....and it is still not PS CS6/CC.

Savageduck

Old February 12th 14, 09:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say about
the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop Lightroom
- Photoshop Elements

Gee, I'll bet no one here knew that. Evidently, you don't know that
Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements Pro, and Adobe
Premiere Elements CC are also family members.

apparently you missed where he said 'the photoshop family'.

do try to keep up before you say more stupid stuff, although i suspect
it cannot be stopped no matter what you do.

semantic bull****. everyone knows what he means.

needs, one of the applications under the
brand name Photoshop will probably serve it.

(as an aside, Adobe lists Elements for $100, not $50).

nospam's figure is not that far off. He's been pretty clear that
Elements is available for less than Adobe's list price from other
vendors. The "street price" varies by version, and it's not always
necessary to have the most current version. Version 12 is available
for under $60.

only stupid people pay full retail price.
Old February 12th 14, 10:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014 20:32:43 +0000, Sandman wrote
(in article ):

Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say about
the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop Lightroom
- Photoshop Elements

Depending on your photographic needs, one of the applications under the
brand name Photoshop will probably serve it.

Actually, the page you cite also lists two other members - Photoshop Touch
and Revel. They may be country cousins but they're still family.

Old February 13th 14, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

In article , tonycooper214
@gmail.com says...

On 12 Feb 2014 20:32:43 GMT, Sandman wrote:

Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say about
the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC
- Photoshop Lightroom
- Photoshop Elements

Gee, I'll bet no one here knew that. Evidently, you don't know that
Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements Pro, and Adobe
Premiere Elements CC are also family members.

I don't consider Premiere to be any more part of the "Photoshop" family
than I do Acrobat or Dreamweaver.

Premiere is a nonlinear video editor--very different function from what
Photoshop does.

Old February 13th 14, 12:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , wrote:

(in article ):

Sandman:
Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say
about the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC - Photoshop Lightroom - Photoshop Elements

Depending on your photographic needs, one of the applications
under the brand name Photoshop will probably serve it.

Actually, the page you cite also lists two other members - Photoshop
Touch and Revel. They may be country cousins but they're still
family.

Yep

--
Sandman[.net]
Old February 13th 14, 12:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Tony Cooper wrote:

Sandman:
Since a lot of people seem confused, this is what Adobe has to say
about the matter:

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopfamily.html

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC - Photoshop Lightroom - Photoshop Elements

Gee, I'll bet no one here knew that.

Evidently not.

Evidently, you don't know that Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere
Elements Pro, and Adobe Premiere Elements CC are also family members.

Thanks for sharing another incorrect statement, adding to your numerous
incorrect statements that came before it. Lousy habit, but some people
can't stop smoking and you can't stop being incorrect.

Sandman:
Depending on your photographic

Editing. Adobe does not offer a product that takes photographs.

Ah, semantics, the troll's last resort!

--
Sandman[.net]
Old February 13th 14, 12:06 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article 2014021213391468974-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck wrote:

Tony Cooper:
nospam's figure is not that far off. He's been pretty clear that
Elements is available for less than Adobe's list price from other
vendors. The "street price" varies by version, and it's not
always necessary to have the most current version. Version 12 is
available for under $60.

...and my copy of PSE9 obtained via a bundle with something or other
I bought (Wacom, Roxio, or whatever) works fine on this Mac running
OSX 10.9.1. Effectively due to the bundle was for all intents and
purposes free. ...and it is still not PS CS6/CC.

Which no one has claimed it is. It *is* Photoshop though, and belongs to
the Photoshop family of applications.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old February 13th 14, 12:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , J. Clarke wrote:

The Photoshop Family. Members:

- Photoshop CC - Photoshop Lightroom - Photoshop Elements

Tony Cooper:
Gee, I'll bet no one here knew that. Evidently, you don't know
that Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe Premiere Elements Pro, and
Adobe Premiere Elements CC are also family members.

I don't consider Premiere to be any more part of the "Photoshop"
family than I do Acrobat or Dreamweaver.

No one does - Tony is just obfuscating.

--
Sandman[.net]
Old February 13th 14, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-02-13 12:06:52 +0000, Sandman said:

In article 2014021213391468974-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck wrote:

Tony Cooper:
nospam's figure is not that far off. He's been pretty clear that
Elements is available for less than Adobe's list price from other
vendors. The "street price" varies by version, and it's not
always necessary to have the most current version. Version 12 is
available for under $60.

...and my copy of PSE9 obtained via a bundle with something or other
I bought (Wacom, Roxio, or whatever) works fine on this Mac running
OSX 10.9.1. Effectively due to the bundle was for all intents and
purposes free. ...and it is still not PS CS6/CC.

Which no one has claimed it is. It *is* Photoshop though, and belongs to
the Photoshop family of applications.

Nospam has.
He clouded the issue by making his "Photoshop can be affordable at $50"
remark. That started us down this argumentative sub-thread. Instead of
saying that he meant "Photoshop Elements can be bought for $50 street
price", he got into this idea that it is fine to call PSE, "Photoshop"
because the word is used in its name and it mostly does what a full
version of PS CS6/CC can do.
It might be nit picking, but personally I have never referred to PSE as
"Photoshop", always "PSE", "Photoshop Elements", or merely "Elements".
Never "Photoshop". I have not recalled anybody other than nospam making
that claim.
As I stated above, no matter how much you camouflage it, nobody with
any awareness of the Adobe product line, is going to refer to PSE as
"Photoshop" and all that implies, but nospam did, and he refuses to
back out of his claim gracefully.

Savageduck