Carl Zeiss for Sony Alpha/Minolta Maxxum 135mm f/1.8

Old July 7th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Default Carl Zeiss for Sony Alpha/Minolta Maxxum 135mm f/1.8

Full frame, so will work on my Maxxum 9 as well as future Sony bodies.

Otherwise it is a smoking fast "200" equivalent on the current digital
camera.

.... ordered it yesterday, at a pretty good price locally (a bit more
that B&H, but makes up for the shipping price while keeping the local
merchants of fine eqt. in business).

A week or so, I guess... ****er is my large filters are 72mm and this
takes 77mm...

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old July 7th 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:

Full frame, so will work on my Maxxum 9 as well as future Sony bodies.

Otherwise it is a smoking fast "200" equivalent on the current digital
camera.

That will be fun. I'm still learning the Nikon MF 135mm f/2

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old July 8th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Paul Furman wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:

Full frame, so will work on my Maxxum 9 as well as future Sony bodies.

Otherwise it is a smoking fast "200" equivalent on the current digital
camera.

That will be fun. I'm still learning the Nikon MF 135mm f/2

How dare you write to me with your 1/3 stop slower lens. The nerve!

;-)

Any tips?

Cheers,
Alan

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.
Old July 8th 07, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:

Paul Furman wrote:

Alan Browne wrote:

Full frame, so will work on my Maxxum 9 as well as future Sony bodies.

Otherwise it is a smoking fast "200" equivalent on the current
digital camera.

...I'm still learning the Nikon MF 135mm f/2

...The nerve!

;-)

Any tips?

Mostly learning what distance I want to use it. I like the look fairly
close up... further away things just look hazy & the OOF can break out
in hives at medium distance backgrounds. It's good for manual focus but
that takes a lot of concentration.

--
Paul Furman Photography
http://www.edgehill.net/1
Old July 8th 07, 02:25 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Alan Browne

Paul Furman wrote:
Alan Browne wrote:
Any tips?

Mostly learning what distance I want to use it. I like the look fairly
close up... further away things just look hazy & the OOF can break out
in hives at medium distance backgrounds. It's good for manual focus but
that takes a lot of concentration.

I'm in MF most of the time but used to shallow focus zones with the 100,
80-200 and 300. I like the close up look when using long lenses for
many things including portraits. Can always "stop down focus" if needed
as well.

I've long lusted after the Maxxum 135 f/2.8 [T4.5] STF, but I'll see how
I do with the CZ. I'd rather have the Maxxum, actually... but it's no
longer available and not findable used. (There is the Sony version
which is optically identical...).

Cheers,
Alan.

-- e-meil: Remove FreeLunch.