There's safety in numbers...

Old August 13th 10, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TT[_3_]

Default There's safety in numbers...

A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers

https://sites.google.com/site/photot...leries/numbers
Old August 14th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:01:40 -0700 (PDT), Nervous Nick
wrote:

On Aug 13, 11:54*am, TT wrote:
A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers

https://sites.google.com/site/photot...leries/numbers

Is there some sort of a punchline to this joke?

Funny how differently each of us view the photograph's of others. I
was quite impressed with this series. The photographs are
individually good, and the series is an innovative idea. Kudos.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 14th 10, 06:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TT[_3_]

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:01:40 -0700, Nervous Nick wrote:

On Aug 13, 11:54Â*am, TT wrote:
A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers

https://sites.google.com/site/photot...ion-galleries/

numbers

Is there some sort of a punchline to this joke?

:-) ...go to the end of this answer to find it...

I was always impressed with photographing numbers where I see them as you
may notice in the photographs. In my native language the saying about
safety does not exist in this form and I was impressed by encountering it
in an english dictionary. The conclusion of the story may be then that in
about thirty shots some of them could be appreciated by someone less
Nervous....and indeed a kind tony cooper wrote it (thank you tony).
Old August 14th 10, 06:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Aug 13, 11:54*am, TT wrote:
A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers

https://sites.google.com/site/photot...ion-galleries/

numbers

Is there some sort of a punchline to this joke?

:-) ...go to the end of this answer to find it...

I was always impressed with photographing numbers where I see them as you
may notice in the photographs. In my native language the saying about
safety does not exist in this form and I was impressed by encountering it
in an english dictionary. The conclusion of the story may be then that in
about thirty shots some of them could be appreciated by someone less
Nervous....and indeed a kind tony cooper wrote it (thank you tony).

I suggest that Nervous Nick not only reappraise his view of the
numbers series, but look at the other galleries of photographs that
the page links to.

TT has a very artistic eye, and is quite an accomplished photographer.
There's stuff in every gallery that any of us would be proud to have
taken. Run through, "Ships and Boats", for example. TT has an eye
for both a complete image and for the detail within an image that is
of particular interest. His colors are stunning.

I'm trying to remember what Nervous Nick has shown us of his work for
comparison, but that number seems to be zero.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 14th 10, 04:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:54:47 +0000 (UTC), TT wrote:

A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers

https://sites.google.com/site/photot...leries/numbers

Nice collection, went through right to the end,
seems they sequenced from low to high.
Old August 14th 10, 05:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

:
: https://sites.google.com/site/photot...leries/numbers
:
: Nice collection, went through right to the end,
: seems they sequenced from low to high.
:
:
: You mean it took you until the end to work that out?
:
: It was obvious right from the beginning.

I dunno. I think some numbers, like 22, kept recurring. Maybe there were even
some actual mathematical sequences in there, if we had the time and the wit to
tease them out.

Bob
Old August 14th 10, 05:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
TT[_3_]

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:09:03 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

I think some numbers, like 22, kept recurring. Maybe there were
even some actual mathematical sequences in there, if we had the time and
the wit to tease them out.

Bob

:-))
Sorry to disappoint you, do not bother searching any sequence, slideshows
is linked to the album online in the google sites where the files
sequence is not completely customizablle, just few options (date,
bytes..etc.

Old August 14th 10, 08:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 20:13:04 +0100, Bruce
wrote:

[...]

Boredom had set in long before I got to that stage. ;-)

About the same reaction I have to being shown a wedding album.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
Old August 14th 10, 08:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Robert Coe

: wrote:
:
: On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:09:03 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:
:
: On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:57:48 +0100, Bruce wrote:
: : On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:13:08 -0700, Irwell wrote:
: : On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:54:47 +0000 (UTC), TT wrote:
: : A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers
: :
: : https://sites.google.com/site/photot...leries/numbers
: :
: : Nice collection, went through right to the end,
: : seems they sequenced from low to high.
: :
: :
: : You mean it took you until the end to work that out?
: :
: : It was obvious right from the beginning.
:
: I dunno. I think some numbers, like 22, kept recurring. Maybe there were even
: some actual mathematical sequences in there, if we had the time and the wit to
: tease them out.
:
:
: Boredom had set in long before I got to that stage. ;-)
:
: About the same reaction I have to being shown a wedding album.

I'd look at a wedding album. Not because I'd care about pictures of people I
didn't know, but to find out how good a job the photographer did. ;^)

Bob
Old August 14th 10, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
irwell

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:57:48 +0100, Bruce wrote:

On Sat, 14 Aug 2010 08:13:08 -0700, Irwell wrote:
On Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:54:47 +0000 (UTC), TT wrote:
A new collection of photos dedicated to numbers

https://sites.google.com/site/photot...leries/numbers

Nice collection, went through right to the end,
seems they sequenced from low to high.

You mean it took you until the end to work that out?

No, it became obvious right from the beginning.

It was obvious right from the beginning.