Wedding of the year -Exclusive picture

Old January 18th 06, 10:33 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Wedding of the year -Exclusive picture

OT. I'm getting sick of repeating all this, but I shall do it calmly
and without descending to the level of a five-year-old having a
tantrum.

(And if you click on this silly thread, you probably deserve to be
bored anyway.. If you have heard the Douglas and Graham Hunt story
before, read on at your own peril..)

For the record:
1. I have never, not once, lied about Douglas MacDonald. (This is the
same Douglas MacDonald who posts as, wait for it.. alienjones himself,
bigpix, the administrator, henretta, douglas, from douglas,
technoaussie, one million pics, one million pictures, joe bailey,
alvie, the yowie, graham hunt, healthypcs.. and more. Me? - I'm just
Chrlz...)

And at times he does indeed use those pseudonyms fraudulently, eg here
(easily verifiable, just check the message headers against Douglas'
other posts at the time):

http://tinyurl.com/86m34

Douglas was mighty annoyed about being sprung posting as 'Graham Hunt'
and ended up with numerous excuses. The last was that 'Graham' was an
employee (it would still be highly fraudulent, of course). As it
happens, and you can easily verify this too, he *has* no franchise, so
my mates at ASIC will do nothing (unless he does now start one, which I
think is very unlikely indeed).

who called me a fraud

Douglas IS a fraud. See above link for unequivocal proof - the message
headers do not lie. I'll stand before a judge and say it if necessary.
And it's already in writing on the ASIC records.

..said I didn't have a storefront

But Douglas doesn't have a storefront *according to his own website*,
he
http://www.photosbydouglas.com/contact.htm
which says and I quote:
Email:
Post: Douglas, Post Office Box 2116,
Wellington Point, Qld 4160
On Sundays: At The Cleveland Craft Market opposite Iluka arcade, in Bloomfield Street.
By Telephone: (07) 3821 1429 Business hours only please

That's all, folks. In other words, no shopfront address, and Douglas
presents his wares at a street market on Sundays. Uhuh. Or isn't that
site his? Gee, maybe it's Graham Hunt's?

and didn't have any authority to photograph and take photographic tours in
National parks

I *never* said Douglas didn't have a simple permit for photography in
national parks - crikey, *anybody* can get one of those - it's just a
moneymaker for the Parks and Wildlife Service. Douglas implied it was
some badge of honour!! *That* is what I corrected - having a permit
for commercial shooting in a national park does *not* mean anything
about your ability as a photographer. The fact that Douglas thinks it
*does*, probably gives a better indication..

The one who claims the 600mm x 900mm enlargements I do from snapshots
on a daily basis and print on Canvas can't be done...

Douglas claims that he has a 'special' enlarging algorithm that allows
you to print to those sizes and more from scans of 6"x4" prints, and
from 1-2 megapixel images. Well, whooppee, I can print them that big
*too*. But they are *soft*, and if the image is detailed, it will look
like something from a bull's rear end.. It's the *quality* I question.
No-one disputes that you might get away with this on *selected* images,
like macros of frangipanis.. When asked for actual examples of his
secret algorithm, Douglas strangely always gets his maths wrong, and
will never allow his secret methods to be demonstrated on *any* image
that has actually got real detail, or in fact any image except his own.
His posted examples were so flawed that once again, as always, he
withdrew them - I can post links if anyone is actually interested.

What I object to is that Douglas claims these prints have 'manufactured
detail'!! - why, even his 'daughter' (who sounds an awful lot like
Douglas, as you might expect (O says that too, he

http://www.w3freaks.com/forums/lofiv...hp/t54125.html

You'll have to scroll down a bit to find the 'One Million Pictures'
posts (another of Douglas' pseudonyms, by the way). In it, 'Kiah' also
refers to a $500,000 printer that Douglas just bought.... Wow.
Personally, I would use such equipment for stuff other than snapshots,
but I guess that's just me... (O:

The list goes on, just like his lies.

*Who* is lying again? When asked to actually quote any of my 'lies',
Douglas is strangely reticent.

I don't recall ever originating a single post about any
subject to do with photography

Perhaps Douglas should look a little harder.

yet he sure as hell hijacks a lot of threads

I just like to correct misinformation when it is posted, and I don't
particularly like people who use the Internet fraudulently, or pretend
they can do stuff they can't.

..does a lot of defamation ...

If Douglas has been defamed, any half-decent lawyer can track me down.
Douglas himself at one stage claimed he had a PI on my trail - Geez, he
must be incompetent! I note Douglas has used similar tactics on other
folks, almost always *after* he has been busted in similar ways to that
above. This isn't the first time he has used these tactics and
probably won't be the last.

© D.MacDonald 2006
may not be reproduced with written permission from the author.

Sorry, I just did. Sue me.