Good news about Rodinal

Old January 9th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Good news about Rodinal

A reliable member of another online forum has posted
an email reply he received from an official at A&O; it
clearly states that *Rodinal production will continue.*

Anyone interested can email me for a link...

"Excelsior, you fathead!"
-Chris-

Old January 10th 06, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

nailer wrote:
in what aspect Rodinal is bad?

1) It does not yield very full shadow speed compared to other develpers
in its class
2) It produces coarser grain, especially with fast films, than other
developers in its class
3) It produces worse definition than other developers in its class

Its only benefit seems to be longevity, especially after opening. I
would not use it on 35mm film, except the very slowest. Almost any
developer one can name is better in technical qualaities..

does it have some good properties?
if not, why do you think so?

On 9 Jan 2006 08:22:37 -0800, "UC" wrote:

#Rodinal is one of the worst developers made. It's popularity is
#baffling to any rational person.
#
#

Old January 10th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Rob Novak wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 07:00:47 GMT, nailer wrote:

does it have some good properties?
if not, why do you think so?

Don't feed the troll.

UC-to-English Translator: "You don't use what I use, so you're wrong
and you suck."

I happen to know things that people who have not bothered to do the
research don't know. That's why I use what I use, because I know better
than those who get their information from hearsay.

--
Strange, Geometrical Hinges: http://rob.rnovak.net

Old January 10th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Mike wrote:

I happen to know things that people who have not bothered to do the
research don't know. That's why I use what I use, because I know better
than those who get their information from hearsay.

In my 3 years of developing, I've used Xtol, D76, HC110, Microphen, DD-X,
Rodinal, and probably a few more. Rodinal is one of my favorites and
I don't care what you think. Photography is for MY satisfaction and NOT
YOURS.

What will you do if your precious Acutol is taken off the market?

Rodinal is measurably inferior to almost every other developer, so I
don't care what you think...

Its popularity is due to photgraphers' stupidity...

Old January 10th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Mike wrote:

I happen to know things that people who have not bothered to do the
research don't know. That's why I use what I use, because I know better
than those who get their information from hearsay.

In my 3 years of developing, I've used Xtol, D76, HC110, Microphen, DD-X,
Rodinal, and probably a few more. Rodinal is one of my favorites and
I don't care what you think. Photography is for MY satisfaction and NOT
YOURS.

What will you do if your precious Acutol is taken off the market?

THREE YEARS?

Look, sonny, I have FORTY years of experience.

Old January 10th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Mike wrote:

I happen to know things that people who have not bothered to do the
research don't know. That's why I use what I use, because I know better
than those who get their information from hearsay.

In my 3 years of developing, I've used Xtol, D76, HC110, Microphen, DD-X,
Rodinal, and probably a few more. Rodinal is one of my favorites and
I don't care what you think. Photography is for MY satisfaction and NOT
YOURS.

What will you do if your precious Acutol is taken off the market?

THREE YEARS?

Look, sonny, I have FORTY years of experience.

Rodinal is demonstrably inferior to almost every other developer, so I

Old January 10th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

UC wrote:

Rodinal is measurably inferior to almost every other developer, so I
don't care what you think...

Oh, but you do care enough to pounce on every Rodinal post.

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk