how to take these photos ---

Old September 30th 04, 09:30 PM
blen_onb

Default how to take these photos ---

these photos are by Fadil Berisha.
I was wondering how he achieved this look in his photograph, the
models seem flawless and it seems that the photo's texture is
different, is it a filter, settings, lighting or whatever, i have some
equipment but i can't seem to achieve this look. So if there is anyone
who can help me I would really appreciate it.

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...ountry/CO.html
http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...ountry/CA.html
Old October 1st 04, 03:12 AM
Whatevah

blen_onb wrote:
these photos are by Fadil Berisha.
I was wondering how he achieved this look in his photograph, the
models seem flawless and it seems that the photo's texture is
different, is it a filter, settings, lighting or whatever, i have some
equipment but i can't seem to achieve this look. So if there is anyone
who can help me I would really appreciate it.

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...ountry/CO.html
http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...ountry/CA.html

-makeup
-very diffused lighting coming from a broad source. Big softboxes,
large curtained windows, etc

the more diffused the light source, the smoother the surface texture
will be. (for any subject)

--
Whatevah / Jerry Horn
Jerry {at} Whatevah.com (working address)
Old October 1st 04, 04:33 PM
Martin Bishop

these photos are by Fadil Berisha.
I was wondering how he achieved this look in his photograph, the
models seem flawless and it seems that the photo's texture is
different, is it a filter, settings, lighting or whatever, i have some
equipment but i can't seem to achieve this look. So if there is anyone
who can help me I would really appreciate it.

Things look really smooth when downsampled to screen resolution. They are
great photos for sure in terms of lighting and composition etc, but if you
were to look at large prints of them, you would likely see a lot that you
can't on screen.

Old October 1st 04, 05:35 PM
dadiOH

blen_onb wrote:
these photos are by Fadil Berisha.
I was wondering how he achieved this look in his photograph, the
models seem flawless and it seems that the photo's texture is
different, is it a filter, settings, lighting or whatever, i have
some equipment but i can't seem to achieve this look. So if there
is anyone who can help me I would really appreciate it.

Nothing particularly unusual there...soft light, low ratio, reflector from a
low angle.

--
dadiOH
_____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
____________________________

Old October 2nd 04, 08:35 AM
zeitgeist

"blen_onb" wrote in message
om...
these photos are by Fadil Berisha.
I was wondering how he achieved this look in his photograph, the
models seem flawless and it seems that the photo's texture is
different, is it a filter, settings, lighting or whatever, i have some
equipment but i can't seem to achieve this look. So if there is anyone
who can help me I would really appreciate it.

http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...ountry/CO.html
http://www.missuniverse.com/delegate...ountry/CA.html

large soft diffuse light, scene looks like a hotel lobby, so there is
probably a high and very wide wall or corner of windows, what I call semi
directional, there is possibly a scrim. A lot of new york photogs will set
up tent on a building roof that's shaded by a taller building, the tent will
overhang the model and the face will be lit from one side, the other or from
the front depending on where they hang scrims on the side.

you can do a similar effect, just open your garage door, have a subject move
back inch by inch till just where the light seems to start of fall off,
that's your sweet spot.