The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

Old October 5th 09, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Chris H

Default The Value Of An Apology, At Least From A Republican's Perspective!!

In message , tony cooper
writes
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:46:46 +0100, Chris H wrote:

In message , mikey4
writes

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:26:21 +0100, Chris H wrote:

Yes I have watched Fox. Also I have seen the comments from CNN, BBC and
others on Fox and their handling of stores.

BFD, what does that prove? Every news outlet trailing in the ratings will
bad mouth the others and those in front crow about their position.

Maybe in the US but not the rest of the world

BTW the rest of the world is bigger than the US... it is even bigger
than Texas. What is normal in the US is usually not normal in the rest
of the world.

You may have seen or heard negative comments about Fox News
programming, but were they about Fox News news segments or Fox News
political commentary host's programs?

Either.

The latter are not news programming. That's why it is necessary to
understand what a political commentator's role is. Something you
clearly don't understand.

I do understand but having seem FOX news and many others the same
pictures with slightly different words can portray a very different
scene.

I recall during the floods in New Orleans there was a comment that there
were gangs of black criminals looting and white vigilantes trying to
keep the peace and get supplies for people.

In other words gang warfare but the very subtle differences in the words
portrayed one group as criminals and the other as upholding the law when
in fact there was on the whole no difference between the two groups.
However that is what the audience wanted to believe.

You can do the same thing with reporting the news from Afghanistan and
Iraq. I recall that the Unionists in Belfast and the British Government
for a while always refereed to "Sinn-fein/IAR" when talking about the
Sinn-Fein Political party. And IAR when talking about the
terroristis/freedom-fighters.

Fox always reports from the US Republican perspective in the same way
AL-Jazeer reports from the Arab perspective. However AL-Jazeer is
balanced in its reporting reflecting all sides. (There is not just on
"arab" veiw point just as there is not just one US viewpoint. However
Fox only reports from one view point.

We have news papers in the UK who are left, right and centrist. However
none of them claim to be anything else. FOX claims to be balanced and un
biased. That is why it is such a joke.

I don't suppose you have a link to one of those comments. You never
do. You just hand-wave.

"Those comments" are usually on a live broadcast not a web site. The
problem is you only believe things on web sites.

Old October 5th 09, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Neil Harrington[_3_]

"Chris H" wrote in message
In message , mikey4
writes

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:26:21 +0100, Chris H wrote:

Yes I have watched Fox. Also I have seen the comments from CNN, BBC and
others on Fox and their handling of stores.

BFD, what does that prove? Every news outlet trailing in the ratings will
bad mouth the others and those in front crow about their position.

Maybe in the US but not the rest of the world

BTW the rest of the world is bigger than the US...

But we have more lawyers.

it is even bigger
than Texas.

I'll bet Texas alone has more lawyers.

What is normal in the US is usually not normal in the rest
of the world.

Largely because we have so many lawyers.

You want some?

Old October 5th 09, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Neil Harrington[_3_]

"Chris H" wrote in message
news
[...]

They are not the same. News segments have to do with the news, and I have
not noticed any particular bias -- certainly not the sort of bias we get
regulary from the mainstream media.

Commentary shows of course give you both news and commentary about that
news. The commentators range from Hannity (definitely on the right) to
Colmes (definitely on the left). O'Reilly is center-right, but regularly has
left-leaning or hard-left people on as guests. Sometimes I think O'Reilly
bends over too far backwards to be "fair and balanced," but there you are.

The latter are not news programming. That's why it is necessary to
understand what a political commentator's role is. Something you
clearly don't understand.

I do understand but having seem FOX news and many others the same
pictures with slightly different words can portray a very different
scene.

I recall during the floods in New Orleans there was a comment that there
were gangs of black criminals looting and white vigilantes trying to
keep the peace and get supplies for people.

In other words gang warfare but the very subtle differences in the words

Why "in other words gang warfare"? Why "white vigilantes"? Were they
actually described as such, or is that just your interpretation?

Those active in looting, robbing and attacking innocent people *were* mostly
blacks. Why do you think New Orleans would be different from any other
American city experiencing mob violence? It's always the same. You can see
it in the video footage every time. Do you really think whites in the same
numbers are doing the same things, and they only point the cameras at blacks
doing those things?

An Englishman unfortunate enough to be visiting New Orleans at that time,
and with no way of getting out, told a reporter he was "afraid of the
locals" (which locals do you suppose he was talking about?) and didn't know
if he would get out of there alive. (I don't know whether he did or not.)

portrayed one group as criminals and the other as upholding the law when
in fact there was on the whole no difference between the two groups.

What on earth makes you think that? Were you there?

Old October 5th 09, 11:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

--

Well change horses in the middle of the stream there Chris. I have no idea
if there are TV and radio rating in the UK from which those stations

Old October 5th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

"Chris H" wrote in message
news
In message , tony cooper
writes
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 11:46:46 +0100, Chris H wrote:
scene.

I recall during the floods in New Orleans there was a comment that there
were gangs of black criminals looting and white vigilantes trying to
keep the peace and get supplies for people.

In other words gang warfare but the very subtle differences in the words
portrayed one group as criminals and the other as upholding the law when
in fact there was on the whole no difference between the two groups.
However that is what the audience wanted to believe.

I am assuming for a moment you are talking about Katrina?
I watched a good deal of the coverage, at no time did I hear FOX or any
other US news outlet say anything of the like.
Can't wait for you to comment on the coverage of hurricane Ike.

Old October 5th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

"John A." wrote in message
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 05:26:07 -0500, "mikey4" wrote:

"Ray Fischer" wrote in message
.. .
tony cooper wrote:

They have no credibility at all. They do have a political
bias which clouds their view of the media they use for information to
make up for their real lack of any first hand knowledge.

Of course the political commentators on Fox News have a political
bias. That's why O'Reilly et al are aired. You don't have an
understanding of what a political commentator is.

Political commentators aren't support to lie in order to sow hatred.
That's supposed to be the jobs of propaganda ministers working for
corrupt dictatorships.

--

another rant from the sad little man

So you're saying political commentators are supposed to lie and sow
hatred?

LOL !! Where did you get that idea? Is that what I wrote? No what I said
was "another rant from the sad little man".

Old October 6th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

tony cooper wrote:

They have no credibility at all. They do have a political
bias which clouds their view of the media they use for information to
make up for their real lack of any first hand knowledge.

Of course the political commentators on Fox News have a political
bias. That's why O'Reilly et al are aired. You don't have an
understanding of what a political commentator is.

Political commentators aren't supposed to lie in order to sow hatred.
That's supposed to be the jobs of propaganda ministers working for
corrupt dictatorships.

another rant from the sad little man

Quit whining, child. We all know that you blindly believe everything
lie you're fed, and we can see your petulance every time you're
cherish icons are shown to be wrong or corrupt.

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 6th 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ray Fischer

mikey4 wrote:

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 09:26:21 +0100, Chris H wrote:

Yes I have watched Fox. Also I have seen the comments from CNN, BBC and
others on Fox and their handling of stores.

BFD, what does that prove? Every news outlet trailing in the ratings will

More petulant whining from the child.

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 6th 09, 03:47 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
mikey4

tony cooper wrote:

They have no credibility at all. They do have a political
bias which clouds their view of the media they use for information to
make up for their real lack of any first hand knowledge.

Of course the political commentators on Fox News have a political
bias. That's why O'Reilly et al are aired. You don't have an
understanding of what a political commentator is.

Political commentators aren't supposed to lie in order to sow hatred.
That's supposed to be the jobs of propaganda ministers working for
corrupt dictatorships.

another rant from the sad little man

Quit whining, child. We all know that you blindly believe everything
lie you're fed, and we can see your petulance every time you're
cherish icons are shown to be wrong or corrupt.

--

LOL, you've never shown them to be wrong. In fact sad little man you don't
have the balls to do anything but run down other peoples thoughts and