Yashica Lenses

Old April 25th 04, 07:18 PM
Bob

Default Yashica Lenses

Hey you all, I need some big help here.
I have a Yashica F3X Super.
Its a very good little, manual camera.

But I have a problem, I want some more lenses (Have a 50 MM now, not a Carl
Zeiss) but I am having problems finding any used. Very few people make them
new in my price range. There in Samyang, Salagor, Pheoinx, and people like
that, but I do not know them to well. They use to have some good lenses here
and there. But I wanted to stick to Yashica, but thats going to be hard.
My camera will also take Contax, and Zeiss lenses.

I was hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right
direction.

I also am looking for a Yashica FLash, but I can get by with a Sunpak, or
Vivitar on that. This is a manual camera, so its not that big of a deal.

Well, as always, thanks for the help.

Bob

---

Old April 25th 04, 09:41 PM
Paul Schmidt

Bob wrote:
Hey you all, I need some big help here.
I have a Yashica F3X Super.
Its a very good little, manual camera.

But I have a problem, I want some more lenses (Have a 50 MM now, not a Carl
Zeiss) but I am having problems finding any used. Very few people make them
new in my price range. There in Samyang, Salagor, Pheoinx, and people like
that, but I do not know them to well. They use to have some good lenses here
and there. But I wanted to stick to Yashica, but thats going to be hard.
My camera will also take Contax, and Zeiss lenses.

I was hoping that someone here might be able to point me in the right
direction.

I also am looking for a Yashica FLash, but I can get by with a Sunpak, or
Vivitar on that. This is a manual camera, so its not that big of a deal.

Welcome to the world of orphaned cameras, Yashica like my Konica isn't
made anymore, and haven't been in years....

You can always try finding used ones, check them carefully though to
make sure the glass is clear (no fungus or scratches) and that the
aperture blades work properly, no oil on them, and they snap back into
place properly. Try places like camera stores with used departments, or
ebay.

Otherwise there is third party, one of the best is the Tamron Adaptall 2
series, Tamron built the lenses with a special adaptall mount, and then
built adapter rings to fit different camera mounts. The Yashica one is
still available from Tamron, so a Tamron dealer would be able to order
one for you. There are some new lenses available in the Tamron Manual
Focus line, there are also quite a few used ones around, and since they
adapt to different mounts, the used supply is fairly good.

Look in yahoo groups to see if there is a Yashica group, I belong to the
Konica group there, and folks in Konica land trade stuff back and forth,
as they find supply.

Paul