test

Old November 25th 04, 03:51 PM
Bill Perkins

Default test

test

Old November 25th 04, 04:21 PM
David H. Lipman

Bill this is NOT a test News Group.

If the word 'test' is not in the name of the News Group then don't post test message. If
the word 'test' is in the name then it is OK to post test messages. For example...
alt.test
0.verizon.test

Please use the "test" News Groups as that is what they are created for.

Dave

Old November 25th 04, 06:15 PM
Alan Browne

David H. Lipman wrote:

Bill this is NOT a test News Group.

If the word 'test' is not in the name of the News Group then don't post test message. If
the word 'test' is in the name then it is OK to post test messages. For example...
alt.test
0.verizon.test

Please use the "test" News Groups as that is what they are created for.

I personaly don't get upset for a single 'test' and there is sometimes good
reason to do so. For example my ISP 'supports' posting here (rpd.s-s) as a part
of a cross post, but I can't read or do a single post here. (I'm posting via a
different newsserver).

Cheers,
Alan.

-- [SI] gallery: http://www.pbase.com/shootin
-- [SI] rulz: http://www.aliasimages.com/si/rulz.html
Old November 27th 04, 05:18 AM
MarkH

Alan Browne wrote in
:

David H. Lipman wrote:

Bill this is NOT a test News Group.

If the word 'test' is not in the name of the News Group then don't
post test message. If the word 'test' is in the name then it is OK
to post test messages. For example... alt.test
0.verizon.test

Please use the "test" News Groups as that is what they are created
for.

I personaly don't get upset for a single 'test' and there is sometimes
good reason to do so. For example my ISP 'supports' posting here
(rpd.s-s) as a part of a cross post, but I can't read or do a single
post here. (I'm posting via a different newsserver).

All OK except that Bill had posted 4 separate test messages to this group
at the time you posted.

--
Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz (last updated 12-Nov-04)

Old November 27th 04, 12:11 PM
Bill Perkins

Sent my apology to Dave Lipman for breaking rules I was unaware of at the
time of testing. If I had known it would draw so much attention, I would've
included a joke or cartoon.

The purpose of the test was to check out an anonymizer program. Not much
luck, there.

Anyway, sorry to all.

Bill P

"MarkH" wrote in message ...
Alan Browne wrote in
:

Old November 27th 04, 03:40 PM
Alan Browne

MarkH wrote:

All OK except that Bill had posted 4 separate test messages to this group
at the time you posted.

Better test than W. Graham rants.

Old November 28th 04, 09:58 AM
MarkH

"Bill Perkins" wrote in

Sent my apology to Dave Lipman for breaking rules I was unaware of at
the time of testing. If I had known it would draw so much attention,
I would've included a joke or cartoon.

The purpose of the test was to check out an anonymizer program. Not
much luck, there.

Anyway, sorry to all.

Hey, I don't think anyone here was too worried. I think it was helpful of
David to point out that there are test groups available to send test
messages, I didn't see any animosity in his message. It is probably better
to inform people that tests are not supposed to be posted here than to have
dozens of people posting test messages every day.

Anyway I don't think that the group will hold a grudge for a minor slip,
welcome aboard Bill.

Old November 30th 04, 12:23 AM
JC Dill

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 12:11:18 GMT, "Bill Perkins"
wrote:

The purpose of the test was to check out an anonymizer program. Not much
luck, there.

There really isn't ever a need to "test" something like this, just use
it. If you have something on-topic to post, post it. If you don't
have something to post, then you don't need to "test" that you can
post.

Ob-digital-slr-systems: I know that there are separate newsgroups for
printers, but I'm looking for input on large format printers for
printing photos from my dslr (presently a Rebel, soon to be 20D or
1DMII). I hope to hear from digital photographers who have looked at
Epson 1200, Epson 2200, and Canon i9900 printers, which one you chose,
and why. I would also appreciate links to any reviews that directly
compare these printers.

jc

Old November 30th 04, 01:20 AM
David H. Lipman

A good quality, large format inkjet printer is the HP CP 1700.

Dave

Old December 1st 04, 10:53 AM
Steve Young

"Bill Perkins" wrote

The purpose of the test was to check out an anonymizer program.

ooo, getting ready for fun

test strips for large enlargements John Bartley In The Darkroom 31 January 31st 05 12:32 PM
My test of the Canon 10-22 zoom. jerry_tig2003 Digital SLR Cameras 0 November 19th 04 10:12 AM
HCA test? Tom Phillips In The Darkroom 15 October 3rd 04 03:06 PM
test Juhan Leemet Digital Photography 2 July 20th 04 02:33 AM
Develper for Delta-100 Frank Pittel In The Darkroom 8 March 1st 04 04:36 PM