What's this "mint" nonsense?

Old July 1st 03, 07:51 AM
WinkenBlinken& Nod

Default What's this "mint" nonsense?

"R. Peters" wrote in message
om...
I've bought about 5 or 6 zoom lenses off eBay--for my own use or as
gifts--that were claimed to be in "excellent" condition. 3 of the
bunch had to go in for repair. Bought a Canon 100mm f2.8 FD lens
"excellent condition"...it arrived with no diaphragm!!! Did get a
refund, but incurred $15 in postage for nothing. eBay batting
average: about 50%. eBay enables anyone to go to a garage sale, pick
up an item for $5, throw it on eBay and dump it. You don't have to
know what it is or that the reason it was $5 was that it was broken.
Sign of a problem: "I don't know what this is, but it works great."

As to "mint": You can sell an item that most people would call mint.
However, some buyers will take a 10X loupe and spend 3 hours looking
for ANY sign of use--just to prove you wrong. So why bother calling it
mint. Call it Exc+ and let the buyer be pleasantly surprised.
r.

I agree with your observations, and also agree that people do dump stuff
that they get at garage sales, but no more so than what seems to happen on
this forum.
It was my experience with (photo.net) in trying to be a good netizen and
taking my ads off if the item was not bringing any responses, or responses
that were insulting duet to a super low offer when in fact offers were not
requested.
So what happens I along with a host of others get spammed by the clowns at
(photo.net) due to what appears to be my volume selling when in fact nothing
has sold.
There is no difficult answer to the question of honesty, just treat others
the way you wish they would treat you.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.