Pinhole test

Old February 3rd 13, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Pinhole test

I haven't made a pinhole photo since I was a kid. Seemed like magic
then but it's a pain now...

Fullframe 80mm f/170. ISO 800 0.5s

http://www.dropbox.com/s/d1x2j89iw0n8wo6/House.jpg

I used a photodiox lens adaptor on my camera with a sheet of ordinary
kitchen alu-foil. I punched a hole (about 0.47mm) in the center.

I think the hole is not perfectly round and that the dimple on the back
side contribute to the hazy look of the image.

It's also a great way (as you can see) to see all the crud on the
sensor! Gotta get out the cleaning kit obviously...

Not satisfying at all - so I'll look into buying a "precision" pinhole.

If I get better results with that I'll look into more interesting subjects.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."

Old February 4th 13, 01:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
[email protected]

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 14:43:42 -0500, Alan Browne
wrote:

I haven't made a pinhole photo since I was a kid. Seemed like magic
then but it's a pain now...

Fullframe 80mm f/170. ISO 800 0.5s

http://www.dropbox.com/s/d1x2j89iw0n8wo6/House.jpg

I used a photodiox lens adaptor on my camera with a sheet of ordinary
kitchen alu-foil. I punched a hole (about 0.47mm) in the center.

I think the hole is not perfectly round and that the dimple on the back
side contribute to the hazy look of the image.

It's also a great way (as you can see) to see all the crud on the
sensor! Gotta get out the cleaning kit obviously...

Not satisfying at all - so I'll look into buying a "precision" pinhole.

If I get better results with that I'll look into more interesting subjects.

That looks similar, perhaps better, than one I took last summer for fun... I
used a macro lens extension tube with some aluminum foil over it and just poked
a hole in it as well.

Old February 4th 13, 02:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rob

On 4/02/2013 6:43 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

I haven't made a pinhole photo since I was a kid. Seemed like magic
then but it's a pain now...

Fullframe 80mm f/170. ISO 800 0.5s

http://www.dropbox.com/s/d1x2j89iw0n8wo6/House.jpg

I used a photodiox lens adaptor on my camera with a sheet of ordinary
kitchen alu-foil. I punched a hole (about 0.47mm) in the center.

I think the hole is not perfectly round and that the dimple on the back
side contribute to the hazy look of the image.

It's also a great way (as you can see) to see all the crud on the
sensor! Gotta get out the cleaning kit obviously...

Not satisfying at all - so I'll look into buying a "precision" pinhole.

If I get better results with that I'll look into more interesting subjects.

As for the pin hole use a thicker foil, I use a aluminium tape.

When the foil is pieced the hole is much sharper than using cooking foil.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...=5472880&rt=c3