Warbirds

Old April 4th 16, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Warbirds

On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 10:09:34 +1200, Me wrote:

On 04/04/2016 08:54, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Sat, 2 Apr 2016 23:47:49 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

On Tuesday, 29 March 2016 05:46:52 UTC-4, Me wrote:
Some photos from a local air show, D800E with Tamron 150-600.
(Excuse my lack of knowledge with planes)
Harvards:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175164.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175183.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175153.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175163.jpg

F4U Corsair (?)
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175174.jpg

P40 (?)
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175180.jpg
The ******* was shooting at me - blanks I think - unless he missed:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175172.jpg

Me109 Buchón
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175176.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175161.jpg

Some others:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175169.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175178.jpg
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175170.jpg

Most of the NZ air force - trying to not get shot down, apparently:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175158.jpg

US Air Force on sales and marketing campaign:
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o.../129175166.jpg

Great photos and a much better airshow than the sissy ones we have around here.

They even dumped one Harvard in the middle of the ruunway when it's
undercarriage collapsed.

That was the day after we were there.
One of the planes that day - but I don't think it was a Harvard - had an
issue with landing gear not coming down on one side, but he got it
sorted and landed safely.
There were a couple of vampire jets (and strikemaster trainers), I
didn't get a decent shot of them in the air - they were a little too
quick for me - at 300mm+, they were gone before I could get them in the
frame. I expect it would be very difficult to get shots of modern jet
fighters doing low passes, ...

I love this one
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...03/1025605.jpg

... ideally you'd need a clear view long
distance, know when they were coming and from where, and need to be very
quick on the zoom ring. A bit of an academic question perhaps - in
context of the lack of modern jet fighters seen in the skies here these
days.

Eric Stevens