You don't need a fancy DSLR to get a rare shot in difficult conditions.

Old March 25th 16, 08:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default You don't need a fancy DSLR to get a rare shot in difficult conditions.

I've told you my wife is in the foothills of the Himalayas trying to
catch up with a Snow Leopard.

She has just emailed back the following iPad images from the site:

First, a well camouflaged pussy
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SizeRender.jpg

Second, a blurry pussy, but I hope to be able to fix that.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_0224.JPG

I thought these things were hard to catch up with but she seems to
have got somewhat close.

Eric Stevens
Old March 25th 16, 09:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

I've told you my wife is in the foothills of the Himalayas trying to
catch up with a Snow Leopard.

She has just emailed back the following iPad images from the site:

First, a well camouflaged pussy
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SizeRender.jpg

Second, a blurry pussy, but I hope to be able to fix that.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_0224.JPG

I thought these things were hard to catch up with but she seems to
have got somewhat close.

Yeah, so the subject is technically true, of course. But I think we can all
agree that those photos are crap, and won't end up framed on any mantelpiece
anytime soon. Had she had a good SLR with a goo glass, they would have been
quite good photos, in focus and correct color saturation.

Of course, without the iPad, she would have had nothing I presume, so it's
technically true and might serve as just a shot for personal memorabilia, sort
of.

--
Sandman
Old March 25th 16, 02:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 3/25/2016 5:45 AM, Sandman wrote:
In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

I've told you my wife is in the foothills of the Himalayas trying to
catch up with a Snow Leopard.

She has just emailed back the following iPad images from the site:

First, a well camouflaged pussy
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SizeRender.jpg

Second, a blurry pussy, but I hope to be able to fix that.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_0224.JPG

I thought these things were hard to catch up with but she seems to
have got somewhat close.

Yeah, so the subject is technically true, of course. But I think we can all
agree that those photos are crap, and won't end up framed on any mantelpiece
anytime soon. Had she had a good SLR with a goo glass, they would have been
quite good photos, in focus and correct color saturation.

And maybe not. Perhaps she might not have been able to carry the setup
you suggest, unless she had a personal Sherpa.

BTW I never heard of "goo glass."

Old March 25th 16, 05:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Sandman

In article , PeterN wrote:

Eric Stevens:
I've told you my wife is in the foothills of the Himalayas
trying to catch up with a Snow Leopard.

She has just emailed back the following iPad images from the
site:

First, a well camouflaged pussy
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...SizeRender.jpg

Second, a blurry pussy, but I hope to be able to fix that.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/IMG_0224.JPG

I thought these things were hard to catch up with but she seems
to have got somewhat close.

Sandman:
Yeah, so the subject is technically true, of course. But I think
we can all agree that those photos are crap, and won't end up
framed on any mantelpiece anytime soon. Had she had a good SLR
with a goo glass, they would have been quite good photos, in focus
and correct color saturation.

And maybe not. Perhaps she might not have been able to carry the
setup you suggest, unless she had a personal Sherpa.

Not everyone is as weak as you seem to be, Peter.

--
Sandman
Old March 25th 16, 05:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Sandman wrote:

Eric Stevens:
[...]

it's not a question of strength.
Old March 25th 16, 05:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , PeterN says...
And maybe not. Perhaps she might not have been able to carry the setup
you suggest, unless she had a personal Sherpa.

A small DSLR or a micro 4/3 camera is not that heavy.
--
Alfred Molon

Old March 25th 16, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 25, 2016, Alfred Molon wrote
(in om):

In , PeterN says...
And maybe not. Perhaps she might not have been able to carry the setup
you suggest, unless she had a personal Sherpa.

A small DSLR or a micro 4/3 camera is not that heavy.

I believe that Eric has/had at least one adequate compact camera which would
also have served well on his wife’s trip (he used it in Denmark). It would
have been easier to handle than the iPad for that type of shot. However,
since it was her trip, she had to make the decisions regarding what to pack,
or not pack. I suspect that photography was not the primary purpose of her
trip, and the snow leopard was a fortuitous subject.

Savageduck

Old March 25th 16, 05:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Eric Stevens:
First, a well camouflaged pussy...

Second, a blurry pussy....

Not suggesting that you are, or should be, writing for American
readers, but if you deign to consider your American friends you ought
to consider using the word "pussycat" rather than "pussy."

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old March 25th 16, 06:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Mar 25, 2016, Davoud wrote
(in article ):

Eric Stevens:
First, a well camouflaged pussy...

Second, a blurry pussy....

Not suggesting that you are, or should be, writing for American
readers, but if you deign to consider your American friends you ought
to consider using the word "pussycat" rather than "pussy."

Time to get your mind out of the gutter.

Savageduck

Old March 25th 16, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 18:36:02 +0100, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , PeterN says...
And maybe not. Perhaps she might not have been able to carry the setup
you suggest, unless she had a personal Sherpa.

A small DSLR or a micro 4/3 camera is not that heavy.

And I would think far less awkward to hold, carry and use than an
ipad.