Struck Gold

Old April 4th 16, 01:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Struck Gold

On 4/1/2016 8:47 PM, Mort wrote:
philo wrote:
Don't have to look it up but I am well aware that today is April 1

hope everyone else here knows that

Gosh, I thought that April Fool's jokes stopped after I graduated from
high school.

The last April Fool's joke that I remember was about 50 years ago. The
German Foto-Magazin published an illustrated article about a frankfurter
with a zipper in the casing, as a joke. Life Magazine picked it up as a
straight news item,and published it as such. They were the laughing
stock of the magazine world.

Mort Linder

One of our local hamburger joints published an ad that stated they were
now selling calorie free hamburgers.

--
PeterN
Old April 4th 16, 03:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 04/03/2016 07:03 PM, PeterN wrote:

snip

Philo's posted shots usually show ordinary people, so I really did not
expect glamor. The important thing is that he seems to truly enjoy
photography and doesn't appear get hung up on technical bull****.

Glad to see there is at least one sane person here

It's hard for me to believe how linearly some people think.

Here I was , allowed into a woman's dressing room with a camera the day
before a fashion show!

In the photos I posted, all the gals were just goofing around, laughing
and putting on whatever weird stuff they could find.

Though I of course did end up with a few good shots...for the most part
all I wanted to say was how fun it was.

The next day, the fashion designers had me come in to do some of the
video...which much to my surprise was not too bad. Their videographer
could not make it to the event so I had to fill-in. Fortunately there
was one other person shooting video...so between the two of us the job
got done.

I did get some moderately decent photos as well but found out I am not
cut out to be a fashion photographer.

One of my friends, who has worked in the fashion industry did a better
job with her iPhone.
Old April 4th 16, 03:57 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 04/03/2016 06:56 PM, PeterN wrote:

snip
..com/s/xzjxu82xsi9l6dk/Kat_25.JPG?dl=0

I can't put my finger on it, but your images have a tendency to make me
feel that I am at your location, as opposed to simply viewing it.

Again, thanks for the kind words...if you get that feeling it is indeed
probably because I take no time to think about the technical aspect...I
just got into the action myself and just snapped away with no thought to
the perfect composition...the correct f-stop and shutter speed.

Only rarely will I take a posed shot...and if I do...it's usually no
more than , "Hey, look at me a second."
Old April 4th 16, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

On 2016-04-02 00:47:11 +0000, Mort said:

philo wrote:
Don't have to look it up but I am well aware that today is April 1

hope everyone else here knows that

Gosh, I thought that April Fool's jokes stopped after I graduated from
high school.

The last April Fool's joke that I remember was about 50 years ago.
The German Foto-Magazin published an illustrated article about a
frankfurter with a zipper in the casing, as a joke. Life Magazine
picked it up as a straight news item,and published it as such. They
were the laughing stock of the magazine world.

Mort Linder

Then you missed today's Lexus prank:
https://youtu.be/SUGKjy32N1g

Hi,

YouTube says that the owner terminated that video.

Mort Linder
Old April 4th 16, 04:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2016-04-02 00:47:11 +0000, Mort said:

philo wrote:
Don't have to look it up but I am well aware that today is April 1

hope everyone else here knows that

Gosh, I thought that April Fool's jokes stopped after I graduated from
high school.

The last April Fool's joke that I remember was about 50 years ago.
The German Foto-Magazin published an illustrated article about a
frankfurter with a zipper in the casing, as a joke. Life Magazine
picked it up as a straight news item,and published it as such. They
were the laughing stock of the magazine world.

Mort Linder

Then you missed today's Lexus prank:
https://youtu.be/SUGKjy32N1g

Hi,

YouTube says that the owner terminated that video.

Mort Linder

Pity, because it was quite amusing. I guess Lexus/Toyota don't want to
be seen as pranksters, but a quick look reveals that it is still there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVrkqv2Bc0

Savageduck

Old April 4th 16, 04:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo

On 04/03/2016 07:10 PM, PeterN wrote:

snip
Mort Linder

One of our local hamburger joints published an ad that stated they were
now selling calorie free hamburgers.

Because the used the word "free" they are now going to get sued if they
ask for money.
Old April 4th 16, 05:11 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 11:26:54 -0400, Mort %A wrote in
:

On 2016-04-02 00:47:11 +0000, Mort said:

philo wrote:
Don't have to look it up but I am well aware that today is April 1

hope everyone else here knows that

Gosh, I thought that April Fool's jokes stopped after I graduated from
high school.

The last April Fool's joke that I remember was about 50 years ago.
The German Foto-Magazin published an illustrated article about a
frankfurter with a zipper in the casing, as a joke. Life Magazine
picked it up as a straight news item,and published it as such. They
were the laughing stock of the magazine world.

Mort Linder

Then you missed today's Lexus prank: https://youtu.be/SUGKjy32N1g

Hi,

YouTube says that the owner terminated that video.

Mort Linder

OOPPPSSS.... I read in haste: Owner terminated by video...

--
teleportation kills
Old April 5th 16, 02:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 4/4/2016 11:49 AM, philo wrote:
On 04/03/2016 07:10 PM, PeterN wrote:

snip
Mort Linder

One of our local hamburger joints published an ad that stated they were
now selling calorie free hamburgers.

Because the used the word "free" they are now going to get sued if they
ask for money.

This actually happened. In an add to promote Florida, Anita Bryant was
saying "come on down," some people brought a lawsuit claiming it was an
invitation, and Anita Bryant should pay for their trip. I am too lazy to
look up the result.

--
PeterN
Old April 5th 16, 02:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

Savageduck wrote:

Pity, because it was quite amusing. I guess Lexus/Toyota don't want to
be seen as pranksters, but a quick look reveals that it is still there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxVrkqv2Bc0

Thanks. It is funny.

Mort Linder
Old April 5th 16, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS[_2_]

On 4/4/2016 11:00 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
On Mon, 4 Apr 2016 21:09:26 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

On 4/4/2016 11:49 AM, philo wrote:
On 04/03/2016 07:10 PM, PeterN wrote:

snip
Mort Linder
One of our local hamburger joints published an ad that stated they were
now selling calorie free hamburgers.

Because the used the word "free" they are now going to get sued if they
ask for money.

This actually happened. In an add to promote Florida, Anita Bryant was
saying "come on down," some people brought a lawsuit claiming it was an
invitation, and Anita Bryant should pay for their trip. I am too lazy to
look up the result.

If it actually happened, Anita wasn't offering a gay time of it.

LOL! You bringing back memories with that comment.