Flicker up for grabs?

Old March 30th 16, 05:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Flicker up for grabs?

Flicker could be for sale. What do you think would be it's best next
parent? Facebook or Google? Microsoft or Apple? Would you like an
integration with Apple Photos?!?

petapixel.com/2016/03/29/looks-like-flickr-now-sale/

http://tinyurl.com/gqhy6nk
--
teleportation kills
Old March 30th 16, 05:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:10:37 +0200, android wrote:

Flicker could be for sale. What do you think would be it's best next
parent? Facebook or Google? Microsoft or Apple? Would you like an
integration with Apple Photos?!?

petapixel.com/2016/03/29/looks-like-flickr-now-sale/

http://tinyurl.com/gqhy6nk

I think it's good news. Yahoo hasn't done anything right since the
early 90's.
Old April 2nd 16, 08:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 3/30/2016 12:20 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:10:37 +0200, android wrote:

Flicker could be for sale. What do you think would be it's best next
parent? Facebook or Google? Microsoft or Apple? Would you like an
integration with Apple Photos?!?

petapixel.com/2016/03/29/looks-like-flickr-now-sale/

http://tinyurl.com/gqhy6nk

I think it's good news. Yahoo hasn't done anything right since the
early 90's.

I heard Netscape was being revitalized just to acquire Yahoo. The new
company will be called Netanyahu. Ducking fast.

--
PeterN
Old April 3rd 16, 04:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 3/30/2016 12:20 AM, Bill W wrote:
On Wed, 30 Mar 2016 06:10:37 +0200, android wrote:

Flicker could be for sale. What do you think would be it's best next
parent? Facebook or Google? Microsoft or Apple? Would you like an
integration with Apple Photos?!?

petapixel.com/2016/03/29/looks-like-flickr-now-sale/

http://tinyurl.com/gqhy6nk

I think it's good news. Yahoo hasn't done anything right since the
early 90's.

I heard Netscape was being revitalized just to acquire Yahoo. The new
company will be called Netanyahu. Ducking fast.

Netscape has been an ignored sleeper. This could be a gamechanger...
Thank's for the heads up, I'll take this to my broker!
--
teleportation kills
Old April 4th 16, 05:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

android popped out of my kill-file and wrote:
Flicker could be for sale. What do you think would be it's best next
parent? Facebook or Google? Microsoft or Apple? Would you like an
integration with Apple Photos?!?

I'm a big Mac fan and a fan of most things Apple. But I think that
Apple's Photos.app ought to be integrated with the trash can. Adobe has
opened and closed several sharing sites--too complicated to use--and I
think that Flickr and Adobe would be a good match IF Adobe didn't mess
too much with the software. Seems to me it ought to be free or, at
worst a low-cost option, for CC or Photography Plan subscribers.

Bill W:
I think it's good news. Yahoo hasn't done anything right since the
early 90's.

Could be good news. It's apparently a difficult site to monetize with a
small percentage of paid "Pro" members (of which I am one). It's my
favorite of the photo sharing sites, and I would hate to have to start
again elsewhere.

Flickr is also an important harvesting site for the Encyclopedia of
Life, the Maryland Biodiversity Project, and other worthy
organizations.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old April 4th 16, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 12:43:12 -0400, Davoud %A wrote in
:

[...]

And Pixelpeeper:

https://pixelpeeper.com/adv/

Almost anything peepworthy...

--
teleportation kills
Old April 4th 16, 08:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On Mon, 04 Apr 2016 16:56:08 +0000, android %A wrote in
:

[...]

And i forgot:

http://iknowwhereyourcatlives.com/about/

--