Canon 20D and new lenses - official

Old August 20th 04, 08:02 AM
Tony Spadaro

Default Canon 20D and new lenses - official

Here is the announcement
http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedat...9_eos_20d.html
I think I'm about ready to make the jump to digital with a camera that is
1500 for the body and will have 3 EF-S wide angle lenses that will fit it.
With the 17-85 IS lens the camera comes to 2Grand -- which is well under the
amount I spend on film and processing in two years. There is also a lens
starting at 10mm - but it is pricy and only goes to 22mm. Here is the
release on the lenses:
http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedat...fs_lenses.html
There is also a new flash:
http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedat...819_580ex.html
for those who are into them.

--
http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

Old August 20th 04, 08:26 AM

Kibo informs me that "Tony Spadaro" stated
that:

Here is the announcement
http://www.usa.canon.com/templatedat...9_eos_20d.html
I think I'm about ready to make the jump to digital with a camera that is
1500 for the body and will have 3 EF-S wide angle lenses that will fit it.
With the 17-85 IS lens the camera comes to 2Grand -- which is well under the
amount I spend on film and processing in two years.

I think you're making a wise decision, Tony. The 10D is a good enough
camera that it has pretty much retired my film bodies, & the 20D looks
to be quite a big improvement on the 10D. So far, the most useful (ie;
unbiased, "warts & all") review I've seen of the 20D is the one on Rob
Galbraith's site:
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=7-6458-7153
The only thing I can find to bitch about on the 20D is the tiny buffer
for RAW shots.

Old August 20th 04, 02:06 PM
Steve

I have been trying to decide on a lens for the Canon 10 d and from what I am
reading, since I am new at this, Most of the lenses on the market are soft,
Canons , Sigmas, Tamrons, on and on except the L glass from Canod. If so
what good is a 8 mp Camera if the lenses will not take advange of it.

Old August 20th 04, 03:50 PM
Chris Brown

In article PHmVc.286204$a24.85226@attbi_s03, Steve wrote:
I have been trying to decide on a lens for the Canon 10 d and from what I am
reading, since I am new at this, Most of the lenses on the market are soft,
Canons , Sigmas, Tamrons, on and on except the L glass from Canod.

Only if you insist on using zooms, and then shooting them wide open.