Sandisk 1Gig ultra II compact flash card--any experiences?

Old November 8th 04, 03:50 AM
Chlorine Dream

Default Sandisk 1Gig ultra II compact flash card--any experiences?

I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
to store lots of pics. is this a good choice? how reliable are
compactflash drives?
Old November 8th 04, 05:41 AM
Mark M

"Chlorine Dream" wrote in message
om...
I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
to store lots of pics. is this a good choice? how reliable are
compactflash drives?

You can buy them cheap at Costco.com

This is not the Ultra II, but it's SanDisk's **2 Gig** card for $144.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rPath=79*2246*

Old November 8th 04, 03:50 PM
Annika1980

From: "Mark M"

You can buy them cheap at Costco.com

This is not the Ultra II, but it's SanDisk's **2 Gig** card for $144.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...hse=&topnav=&c
at=2246&hierPath=79*2246*

Even cheaper at ecost.com
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=394049

Prices on CF cards have dropped dramatically. I paid over $225 for my first
1GB card and now you can get a 1GB Lexar 80x for $80.

Old November 8th 04, 04:25 PM
Bill Hilton

I'm going on a 3 wk trip and wont have a laptop--so i need to be able
to store lots of pics. is this a good choice?

Yes, good choice. I've been using the 2 GB Ultra II for a while in my dSLR.

how reliable are compactflash drives?

The SanDisk Ultra II comes with a lifetime replacement warranty and if it dies
they'll try to recover the images for you for free. Pretty reliable ...

Old November 9th 04, 09:00 AM
David J Taylor

John W. Wells wrote:
[]
Make sure that your camera supports (makes use of) the faster CF
cards. I found that my Minolta Dimage A1 did not, so the extra cost
would have been wasted!

It still might the cards faster to download to your computer. There's
little cost difference here between SanDisk CF regular and Ultra II.

David