Panasonic FZ15-most impressed

Old December 22nd 04, 03:30 AM
DonB

Default Panasonic FZ15-most impressed

I have bought my wife a Panasonic FZ15 for xmas, because she works in
a zoo, and the 12x zoom with image stabilizer should be perfect for
her animal shots. Just sneaked it out, set it up for her, and couldn't
resist shooting a couple of test shots at wide angle and full zoom out
the window.
I also took duplicate shots with my much loved Nikon 4500, which I
have always been very pleased with. Frankly, and I hate admitting
this, the FZ results blew me away in comparison.
Please God, make her hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!

DonB
Old December 22nd 04, 04:13 AM
Clyde Torres

"DonB" wrote in message
I have bought my wife a Panasonic FZ15 for xmas, because she works in
a zoo, and the 12x zoom with image stabilizer should be perfect for
her animal shots. Just sneaked it out, set it up for her, and couldn't
resist shooting a couple of test shots at wide angle and full zoom out
the window.
I also took duplicate shots with my much loved Nikon 4500, which I
have always been very pleased with. Frankly, and I hate admitting
this, the FZ results blew me away in comparison.
Please God, make her hate it !!!!!!!!!!!!

DonB

Don, I used to have a Nikon 4500, but it was stolen. May have been the best
thing that happened to me, though. I researched the P&Bs and concluded that
the Panasonic DMC-LC1 was going to be my next camera. However, I found out
that it has noise problems, so I waited. Then the DMC-FZxx cameras came
out. What made all of these Panasonic cameras outstanding was their Leica
lenses. This is why you are seeing such remarkable results.

My twists and turns in the camera world took me first to the Nikon D70 and
then the Canon 20D. I bought both cameras and have been very happy with
them. I loaned the D70 out to my in-laws, who promptly took it to Brazil
for a two year South American tour. My sis-in-law is an expert
photographer, and she is sending back some awesome shots.

Anyway, if I were to return to the P&Bs, I would surely go to the
Panasonics. With the Leica lenses, they are capable of blowing away great
cameras like the 4500.

Clyde Torres

Old December 22nd 04, 06:53 AM
DonB

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 04:13:25 GMT, "Clyde Torres"
wrote:

"DonB" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Clyde,
thanks for your comment. A D70 would be my dream, but no way I can
justify the cost yet, when I have a good SLR film outfit if I need it.
But I was so shocked when I printed out the NikonvPanasonic, that I
went out and re-shot with the 4500 again.....no different. I cannot
believe that there has been so much progress with 4mp digicams in a
couple of years, though I guess the FZ 15 lens is a large part of it.
But straight out of the box with no messing about. Also however, the
Nikon shots had more noise, another surprise.
DonB