Sturdiest damn digital camera with compact flash and ni-mh batteries!

Old June 17th 05, 07:11 PM
Paul Rubin

Default Sturdiest damn digital camera with compact flash and ni-mh batteries!

"Whacky Blacky" writes:
What is the most rugged consumer digital camera with cf and ni-mh
batteries?

If you want a consumer digicam, these days I think you have to give up
on CF. They are all going to SD now.

Having said that, I have not found a single camera that can withstand
the abuse. The two Nikons were especially dissapointing as I paid mondo
dollars because I "thought" professional models held up better than
consumer models. I've been found wrong.

The professional Nikon models are the D1/D1h/D1x, and the D2/D2H/D2Hs/D2X.
If your Nikon wasn't one of those, it wasn't a professional model.

I even tried an underwater camera. Guess what broke it? The pumice
cliffs in Santorini Greece. Sheesh. Can't a camera hold up to normal
wear and tear?

You know, most other people don't have these problems, so I'd say the
amount of wear and tear you're inflicting on cameras is not normal.
Why don't you just take better care of them?

Does a sturdy digital camera actually exist that I won't break in a
year?

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0111/01112801konicadg2.asp
might use CF.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1079033196.html
uses SD.

You could also try putting a normal camera into an underwater housing.

The Sony DSC-U60 is also nice, but uses those stupid memory sticks.
Old June 18th 05, 02:02 AM
BigEd

William Graham wrote:
"Craig Flory" wrote in message
ink.net...

If you had not said "digital" I would have suggested a Speed Graphic with
4"x5" film holders and flash bulbs. You are using electronic gear now and
not film cameras that had no batteries or circuitry. Every one of my
fellow
profesionals handle their digital cameras as if made of fragile glass. By
the way ... what the heck is mudbrody mean ??? In my 57 years on this
earth
I've never heard that word before.

Craig Flory

Yes. A Google search of, "mudbrody" turned up nothing...

It would seem that Wacky Blacky is the sort of fellow who should get a
sketch pad and take some drawing lessons. In my fifty sum plus years of
photography I have only run into two other persons like this. When you
consider the places National Geo Photographers have taken Nikon F2,3,4's
over the years without getting them "mudbrody", and producing great
photos. Like the great photographer once said it isn't the equipment it
is the person behind the equipment that produces a great photo. Forty
years ago a friend in a large camera club in a major mid west city would
shoot rings around 98% of the others and all he used was an old
Rolliecord, while others were using the best of what was currently
available. This is simply a case of someone very much untalented in this
regard.

Ed