Kodak 4530/software problem

Old August 9th 04, 07:18 PM
Shane Glaseman

Default Kodak 4530/software problem

Greetings, all. My apologies if this has been addressed before; I
don't see it referenced specifically.

I recently bought a Kodak 4530. Love the camera. However, when trying
to download the photo files to my computer, there's a problem.

I plug the supplied cable directly into the computer's USB port, then
into the camera (I don't use a dock), then turn the camera on. The
cute li'l green light blinks at me for awhile (about five minutes or
so), then the camera times out and shuts off. The picture files are
not transferred to the computer. The software that I loaded onto the
computer never launches, the computer never acknowledges that the
camera is there.

I'm using a Mac, system 9.2, a gig of RAM. (I don't like OS X, so
that's not an option.)

The EasyShare software is the most recent, according to my research.

Of course, one of Kodak's "brags" is that all I need to do is connect
the camera and turn it on -- the software should do the rest. That
ain't happenin'. Anyone have any suggestions? (Aside from buying a
card reader?)

Shane
Old August 9th 04, 07:52 PM
William Jackson

You need to ensure that you have the software Version 1.4 as we discontinued
support for MacOS 9 after that release. That software is on the disc with
Windows EasyShare 3.2 or earlier. Starting with the V3.4 disc and with the
upcoming V4.0 disc the legacy Mac client will no longer be included.

What system? Are you able to talk to anything via USB? That's the most
common problem that we have run into using the legacy Mac client, the USB is
not enabled properly.

Old August 9th 04, 09:06 PM
Ron Hunter

Shane Glaseman wrote:

[...]

Since you refuse the best advice, I am afraid you are on your own.

Old August 10th 04, 05:28 AM
Shane Glaseman

Ron Hunter wrote in message ...
Shane Glaseman wrote:

[...]

Well, there are two possibilities he 1. you're referring to my
reluctance to upgrade to OS X; 2. you're referring to my buying a card
reader. If it's no. 2, I've already got one; just want to make sure
I've tried everything getting the software to work.

If it's no. 1, then you're to be dismissed as yet another yo-yo who
believes that which operating system one uses on a computer is
actually an important life choice. It works, okay? And I used and
dismissed OS X as viable option back when it was called NeXT.

Now that you've gotten your cookie from your mental masturbation and
treated us all to watching it, is there anyone out there who's
actually more than five years old who can address my question?

Old August 10th 04, 10:54 AM
Ron Hunter

Shane Glaseman wrote:

Ron Hunter wrote in message ...

Shane Glaseman wrote:

[...]

Using a card reader is the better choice all around. As for upgrading
your OS, I understand that this is not always an option with Macs, so I
wasn't suggesting that.

If it's no. 1, then you're to be dismissed as yet another yo-yo who
believes that which operating system one uses on a computer is
actually an important life choice. It works, okay? And I used and
dismissed OS X as viable option back when it was called NeXT.

Most of the time an OS upgrade is a wise choice, but only if the
hardware is adequate to run the new OS, and if the hardware and OS are
compatible.

Now that you've gotten your cookie from your mental masturbation and
treated us all to watching it, is there anyone out there who's
actually more than five years old who can address my question?

I did address your question, but you reject (again) the simple, and most
productive solution. But if you insist on butting your head against the
wall, have fun.