Fixing too much flash

Old December 15th 08, 09:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jurgen[_4_]

Default Fixing too much flash

Wes Gray wrote:
I have this photo which I am pretty happy with:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wesleygr...93629613775842

It seems like I should do something to reduce the glare of the flash.
I played around with brightness and contrast, and was having a hard time
telling if I was making things better or worse. If this was your photo,
what would you do with it?

Simple diffusers. Anything from a white paper bag over the flash to an
expensive "fong" diffuser will control the flash and soften the shadows.

A simple method is to bounce the flash off a white object. This could be
a piece of white card attached to the flash with the flash pointing
vertical. The primary light will be bounced off the ceiling and
secondary one reflected from the white card.

I'd also suggest you de saturate the image to control the red. Always a
difficult color to capture due to it's "infra red" component.