A Photography forum. PhotoBanter.com

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » PhotoBanter.com forum » Photo Techniques » General Photography Techniques
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Amazing gals! how they do this?

Old November 9th 05, 10:08 AM
jasonv7
external usenet poster

Default Amazing gals! how they do this?

i just wonder what gadgets are use to do amazing underwater photography. i
ran into a website called http://www.underwatercalendar.com/ the quality
of the pictures are superb. lighting and colors are perfect. how do they
do this?

Old January 7th 06, 04:55 PM

First recorded activity by PhotoBanter: Jan 2006

It is quite simple. Do a web search for under water photo equipment for the latest gadgets as well as the time proven ones. Like the Nikon Nikonos.
The same technology that is used above water is used below water. The only new "stuff" would be water proofing means etc. Light is the same issue to deal with. Subject matter. Equipment operation.
I have used a $8.00 disposable "waterproof" camera with very impressive pics. But just like the above water equipment to advance to greater capabilities you need better equipment.
And of course you need to be a diver. With all that gadgetry.
My diving experiences and experiences in photography suggest to me the biggest issue in this equation is not the equipment. But getting a person who is a real photographer and a real diver. Over all probably a thrilling pain in the rear way to take pics for most people. But the subject matter underwater (salt water) can provide just awesome photo souvenirs to bring home. DO NOT DISCOUNT A WP DISPOSABLES ABILITY to bring home those snorkeling souvenirs! (I liked the Fuji)

Last edited by sobolik : January 7th 06 at 05:01 PM.