Old pictures of Ney York City

Old March 9th 07, 08:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
William Graham

Default Old pictures of Ney York City

Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around the turn
of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Old March 9th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 3:43 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around the turn
of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Those pics are AMAZING, Bill. I can look at them all day....if I had
the time. I love the shot of The Old Met. It's astounding to see the
men who built the Empire State Building. Man, they had guts! Every
pic is priceless.
Helen

Old March 9th 07, 10:13 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Frank ess

wrote:
On Mar 9, 3:43 pm, "William Graham" wrote:
Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around
the turn of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Those pics are AMAZING, Bill. I can look at them all day....if I
had
the time. I love the shot of The Old Met. It's astounding to see
the
men who built the Empire State Building. Man, they had guts! Every
pic is priceless.
Helen

Couple of nice sets there, for sure. Pretty much made by purposeful
photographers. I got a few off eBay that were apparently by a 1907
snapshooter who pasted them in a family album:
http://www.fototime.com/inv/13C0C48AB8F09AF

Brighton Beach, Coney Island, a view or two of NYC.

I practically can't stop looking at this kind of photo.

--
Frank ess

Old March 9th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
[email protected]

On Mar 9, 5:13 pm, "Frank ess" wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Yes, they are very nice indeed!
Helen

Old March 10th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

William Graham wrote:
Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around
the turn of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Wow!
Huge, fantastic collection...especially appreciate the fact that each image
comes with a description. Thanks.

-MarkČ

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 11th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

MarkČ wrote:

William Graham wrote:

Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around
the turn of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Wow!
Huge, fantastic collection...especially appreciate the fact that each image
comes with a description. Thanks.

I'm not that old but it made me remember a ticker tape pararde in
Chicago when I was a toddler, probably the astronauts returned from the
moon.

Here's a trolley in San Francisco a few years ago with cane seats:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/2004-02-11-trolley
Old March 11th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Martin Riddle

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..
Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around the
turn of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Nice, thanks for the link.

5 years to replace horses!

Old March 11th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Mar 11, 12:00 am, "Martin Riddle" wrote:

5 years to replace horses!

About like film.

Old March 11th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
MarkČ

Paul Furman wrote:
MarkČ wrote:

William Graham wrote:

Here is a link to some neat old photographs of New York City around
the turn of the century. A friend back East sent it to me.

http://www.wirednewyork.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5010

Wow!
Huge, fantastic collection...especially appreciate the fact that
each image comes with a description. Thanks.

I'm not that old but it made me remember a ticker tape pararde in
Chicago when I was a toddler, probably the astronauts returned from
the moon.

Here's a trolley in San Francisco a few years ago with cane seats:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/neighborhoods/2004-02-11-trolley

It's a pity we don't build things like that any more.

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old March 11th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Martin Riddle" wrote

5 years to replace horses!

We still have horses around he

http://www.lnsart.com/Old_Order_Amish_Plow.jpg

Too bad the Amish don't go in for photography, they'd
be sure to keep film alive.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation/index.htm