Any used or new copy stands available?

Old January 16th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
Richard L. Wohlers

Default Any used or new copy stands available?

Old February 23rd 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
darkroommike

Sure, I have three actually (overkill). And most enlargers
can be converted also.

Bencher is still around and Kaiser enlargers are "system"
with camera holder pieces.

Durst made adapters for their machine also but I kludged and
adapter years ago from a ball head. (Details if you need
them.) I was recently gifted with free MP-3 and MP-4
stands, primarily Polaroid but will take 4x5 sheet film,
Graflex 120 backs and was also given a camera mount post for
the MP-4 that will hold any camera with a 1/4" tripod hole
(and I'm sure I can adapt 3/8" if I even need to do so!).

My "small" stand might be available for sale of trade
contact me off list since that's outside the scope of this
forum. Forgive me this small amount of commerce, group!
Just trying to help out a mate.

Look around try to buy or adapt locally, good copy stands
are heavy and freight may run more than the unit price.

darkroommike

Old February 23rd 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
jeremy

"darkroommike" wrote in message
[...]

Richard L. Wohlers wrote:

I see them on eBay all the time--many are brand new. The better ones are
painted 18% gray, to make it easy for the camera to take a reading, and they
have various markings for sizes.

Pentax makes an excellent one available new, but it is several hundred
dollars.

Old March 2nd 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
darkroommike

Yeah, just watch out for the freight charges, I saw a brand
new in box MP-4 sell for less than $30 just recently but am
sure the freight ran close to $100.00!

BTW the gray base looks like a good idea but I prefer to put
my gray card on top of the object I am photographing. That
way I meter 18% gray not 18% gray + unknown object.

darkroommike

Old March 2nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
jeremy

"darkroommike" wrote in message

BTW the gray base looks like a good idea but I prefer to put my gray card
on top of the object I am photographing. That way I meter 18% gray not
18% gray + unknown object.

The base is painted gray. You take a meter reading on the base, then you
put the object to be copied onto the copystand.

Old March 3rd 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.misc
darkroommike

I don't do it this way since I use a macro lens and as I
compose and move the camera up and down the upright the lens
extension and effective aperture changes, you need to meter
after you compose the shot. Lay the gray card on top of
whatever you are copying.

darkroommike