Humourous take: Digital vs film

Old December 11th 04, 09:44 AM
Siddhartha Jain

Default Humourous take: Digital vs film

I am tired of the never-ending holy wars about digital vs film. So for
a change: a humourous take on the whole thing.

Yesterday film zealots and digital crusaders clashed again for the
umpteenth time after talks to co-exist failed at rec.photo. While film
zealots demanded that digital crusaders sign a public announcment
declaring film's never-ending superiority, digital crusaders demanded
that film zealots cave in and buy atleast one digital camera each.

The continuing violence has already claimed gigabits of bandwidth,
several dead keyboards and mice. In response to this the UN secretary
general has constituted a fact finding team to get to the bottom of the
issue and has urged member nations to pass a resolution condemning the
violence.

In the midst of this researchers might've struck a breakthrough to
break the continuing deadlock. Extensive research, still in its early
stages, seems to indicate that people can use both digital and film as
long as they are happy with the results. But both camps were quick to
dismiss the news as heresy.
Didn't find it funny? Post your own take )

- Siddhartha

Old December 11th 04, 12:03 PM
Julian Tan

Heresy! For this you will die infidel!

Lol... great quip, keep up the good work.
Jules
--
Shuttertalk
http://www.shuttertalk.com

Old December 11th 04, 12:36 PM
Jon Pike

"Siddhartha Jain" wrote in
ups.com:

I am tired of the never-ending holy wars about digital vs film. So for
a change: a humourous take on the whole thing.

-snip-

it's cute

--
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=moosespet

Old December 11th 04, 05:00 PM
Mr Jessop

We the peoples film liberation army declare a jehad on you infidels. Those
of you who defile the name photography with your digitalist ways will the
know the true meaning of images when we begin strapping large numbers of
digital camaeras to our bodies and diving into swimming pools. The lives of
the local swimmers will be electrocuted for the betterment of mankind.

Old December 11th 04, 06:10 PM
Frank ess

Siddhartha Jain wrote:
I am tired of the never-ending holy wars about digital vs film. So for
a change: a humourous take on the whole thing.

Yesterday film zealots and digital crusaders clashed again for the
umpteenth time after talks to co-exist failed at rec.photo. While film
zealots demanded that digital crusaders sign a public announcment
declaring film's never-ending superiority, digital crusaders demanded
that film zealots cave in and buy atleast one digital camera each.

snip

Mr Jessop wrote:
We the peoples film liberation army declare a jehad on you infidels.
Those of you who defile the name photography with your digitalist
ways will the know the true meaning of images when we begin strapping
large numbers of digital camaeras to our bodies and diving into
swimming pools. The lives of the local swimmers will be electrocuted
for the betterment of mankind.

Nicely done, both. Thank youse.

Let's see. Headlines:

FILMIES IN LAST STAND !