goodbye rec.photo.digital

Old October 24th 04, 03:09 AM
me

"Mr Jessop" wrote in message
k...
500 posts per day. too much to wade through every day. Its slightly more
manageble here. about 250. I can then easily cut that in half as i know
which threads are a waste of time. I also know which posters are a waste

of
time.

OT: What I want to know is where is the NG for film users, preferably 35mm?
Any digital dullards who read this can skip the whining about how film is
dead. Your protestations will fall on deaf ears.

Old October 24th 04, 03:42 AM
Steve Young

"Woodchuck Bill" wrote

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in
:

But if you followed the rest of the news, you'd realize there are
possibly enough invalid/fraudulent votes to put the current outcome
into jeopardy.

That is a lie. Not a single vote has been ruled as "invalid" by the NAN
team.

You have the cart before the horse Bill. There is a 5 day period for
discussion and then NAN may take up the case. Don't you remember the
sequence from Full Metal Jacket?

Even the Stromboli votes, which you have supported in the past, have
been upheld in all past challenges.

I'm not speaking of Tony and his family, I put them in the remaining
1/4-1/3 slice I spoke of.

BTW, with this lax voting system, and Satan winning hands down, you know
what group is up shortly for the shoo in? Yep! talk.kookology Any
more groups you'd like to see, while apparently the ducks are in a row?

Old October 24th 04, 04:56 AM
Steve Young

"Alan Browne" wrote

Steve Young wrote:

Out of curiosity Alan, how many yes votes do you recognize,
or are able to confirm by googling?

I haven't looked at it at all and I'll leave that to those who are
interested in finding fraud to investigate. I'm not a 'regular' at
r.p.d for the simple reason that led me to be a strong proponent of
Thad's original suggestion: too much D-P&S and other non-DSLR material
to wade through.

The obvious frauds (stromboli, *@sneakemail) can be discounted as well
as the obvious 'famous names' [mostly sneakemail's IAC]), and there are
certain to be a few dozen more fakes, and there is still overwhelming
support for all 4 groups.

I might be tempted to say: if you can find a hundred valid yes votes,
I'll *eat* *my shorts* (though I'll pass)
(those boyz hidem up *real* *good*, didn't they!?))

Old October 24th 04, 07:59 AM
Woodchuck Bill

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in
:

That is a lie. Not a single vote has been ruled as "invalid" by the
NAN team.

You have the cart before the horse Bill. There is a 5 day period for
discussion and then NAN may take up the case. Don't you remember the
sequence from Full Metal Jacket?

In the FMJ case, someone properly challenged a series of *specific*
votes with compelling evidence and a solid reason for voiding those
votes.

Here is the *official* challenge, with proof..

http://makeashorterlink.com/?E28824999

The original RESULT..

http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q19813999

The revised RESULT..

http://makeashorterlink.com/?A1A823999

In the original RESULT, the group failed. There were 2 challenges
made..to the Full Metal Jacket "no" votes, and to the Stromboli "yes"
votes. In the end, the FMJ votes were thrown out, and the Stromboli
votes were upheld by the NAN team. The group passed, solely due to the
Stromboli block of votes.

Not a single vote has been properly challenged for the RPD reorg vote,
with any offered proof of invalidity. The losing side cries "voter
fraud" on almost every CFV, and nothing is ever reversed without
compelling evidence of voter fraud. Unfamiliarity of a voter name is not
grounds for voiding a vote, as there is no previous posting requirement
for voters. In order for this result to be invalidated, you would need to
come up with a list of roughly 250+ invalid votes, and offer proof why
you purport *each* of them to be invalid, above and beyond the claim
that you do not 'recognize' the names.

The RPD reorg vote will stand, and the new groups will be created within
the next few days.

--
Bill
Old October 24th 04, 08:28 AM
Matt Ion

Just one question...

WHO the **** cares?!?!

Old October 24th 04, 08:43 AM
Woodchuck Bill

Matt Ion wrote in
newsQIed.10298$%k.1888@pd7tw2no:

Just one question...

WHO the **** cares?!?!

Obviously not you, but some people apparently do, so please ignore what you
don't want to read and let others carry on as they desire.

--
Bill