goodbye rec.photo.digital

Old October 23rd 04, 11:27 PM
Mr Jessop

Default goodbye rec.photo.digital

500 posts per day. too much to wade through every day. Its slightly more
manageble here. about 250. I can then easily cut that in half as i know
which threads are a waste of time. I also know which posters are a waste of
time.

Old October 23rd 04, 11:49 PM
Alan Browne

Mr Jessop wrote:

500 posts per day. too much to wade through every day. Its slightly more
manageble here. about 250. I can then easily cut that in half as i know
which threads are a waste of time. I also know which posters are a waste of
time.

I'm not sure if you've been following the news. There has recently been a
proposal to create 4 new digital groups more specific to camera types. One of
them will be for slr-systems (eg: those digital cameras that are very similar to
35mm SLR cameras).

Cheers,
Alan

Old October 24th 04, 12:40 AM
Steve Young

"Alan Browne" wrote

Mr Jessop wrote:

500 posts per day. too much to wade through every day. Its slightly
more manageble here. about 250. I can then easily cut that in half as
i know which threads are a waste of time. I also know which posters
are a waste of time.

NGStatistics: Newsgroup Statistics Program
Version 1.1 (using News::Scan)
Copyright (C) 2002 Neil Lombardo,
Based on groupstat, Copyleft (C) 2000 H. Alex LaHurreau
Based on StatNews, Copyleft (C) 1998 Davide G. M. Salvetti

Newsgroup.................: rec.photo.digital
Stats Were Taken..........: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 23:00:00 GMT
Stats Begin...............: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:02:51 GMT
Stats End.................: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:47:10 GMT

Messages Per Day..........: 325.7

I'm not sure if you've been following the news. There has recently been
a proposal to create 4 new digital groups more specific to camera types.
One of them will be for slr-systems (eg: those digital cameras that are
very similar to 35mm SLR cameras).

But if you followed the rest of the news, you'd realize there are possibly
enough invalid/fraudulent votes to put the current outcome into jeopardy.
My contention is that as many as 3/4 of the yes votes are invalid. Out of
curiosity Alan, how many yes votes do you recognize, or are able to
confirm by googling?

Old October 24th 04, 12:43 AM
Woodchuck Bill

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in news:jpSdncQPoMvHcefcRVn-
:

Out of
curiosity Alan, how many yes votes do you recognize, or are able to
confirm by googling?

No former posting history is required of voters.

--
Bill

Old October 24th 04, 01:32 AM
Alan Browne

Steve Young wrote:

Out of
curiosity Alan, how many yes votes do you recognize, or are able to
confirm by googling?

I haven't looked at it at all and I'll leave that to those who are interested in
finding fraud to investigate. I'm not a 'regular' at r.p.d for the simple
reason that led me to be a strong proponent of Thad's original suggestion: too
much D-P&S and other non-DSLR material to wade through.

The obvious frauds (stromboli, *@sneakemail) can be discounted as well as the
obvious 'famous names' [mostly sneakemail's IAC]), and there are certain to be a
few dozen more fakes, and there is still overwhelming support for all 4 groups.

Old October 24th 04, 01:32 AM
Alan Browne

Woodchuck Bill wrote:

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in news:jpSdncQPoMvHcefcRVn-
:

Out of
curiosity Alan, how many yes votes do you recognize, or are able to
confirm by googling?

No former posting history is required of voters.

Good point. Lurkers are participants too.

http://www.aliasimages.com/rpe35mmur.htm
Old October 24th 04, 01:43 AM
Woodchuck Bill

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in
:

But if you followed the rest of the news, you'd realize there are
possibly enough invalid/fraudulent votes to put the current outcome
into jeopardy.

That is a lie. Not a single vote has been ruled as "invalid" by the NAN
team. Even the Stromboli votes, which you have supported in the past, have
been upheld in all past challenges.

--
Bill