Best e-6 mailers from B&H also V100F vs P100F for landscapes

Old December 29th 03, 06:16 PM
Jim

Default Best e-6 mailers from B&H also V100F vs P100F for landscapes

I'm about to put in a film order and am considering switching mailers.
I've been using Kodak and I noticed that they also have A&I and Fuji.
Favoties films split between Kodak and Fuji 60/40 with favorite being
K100VS. I like the plastic mounts. Do all three use plastic mounts?
Which would you recommend?

Also, I'm in a quandary deciding between Provia 100F and the new
Velvia 100F. Primarily used from landscapes with a bias toward blue
ocean/sky followed by green vegetation. Any recommendations either
way? I still have a stash of the old Velvia 50 for times when I want
the extra saturation.
Old December 30th 03, 01:03 AM
Jay D. Pal

I've used both A&I and Fuji mailers from B&H. A&I uses cardboard mounts,
but the service is always quick and the slides clean. I've lost a couple of
rolls with Fuji (and it is quite difficult to get someone on the phone who
can help) and the turn-around approaches 2 weeks. So I've stuck with the A&I
mailers and had great results.
Good Luck

m...

Old December 31st 03, 02:05 PM
Jim

That's interesting. I've been using Kodak mailers since I bought my
first camera, three years ago. In that time i must have mailed over
200 rolls and haven't had a single problem yet. Other than the two
week delay, most of wich is at the lab. Have they loast rolls?

Jim

Robert Feinman wrote in message . ..
In article ,
says...
I'm about to put in a film order and am considering switching mailers.
I've been using Kodak and I noticed that they also have A&I and Fuji.
Favoties films split between Kodak and Fuji 60/40 with favorite being
K100VS. I like the plastic mounts. Do all three use plastic mounts?
Which would you recommend?

Also, I'm in a quandary deciding between Provia 100F and the new
Velvia 100F. Primarily used from landscapes with a bias toward blue
ocean/sky followed by green vegetation. Any recommendations either
way? I still have a stash of the old Velvia 50 for times when I want
the extra saturation.

I've had bad results from the post office with all three processors.
I strongly suggest you try and find a local lab. If you don't know
of one see if you can ask a local portrait photographer where he sends
his film.
Another thing to try is bring your film into a local drug store or the
like that provides kodak processing. You put your film in an envelope
in the store and they send it to kodak by private shipper, avoiding the
post office.

Old January 1st 04, 02:57 PM
Robert Feinman

In article ,
says...
[...]

I used Kodak for 30 years, but in the last 5 years or so the processing
has taken longer and they have returned film in paper bags instead of
shrink wrapped boxes. (This was for roll film, not 35mm). So I stopped.
I have mailed film "disappear", both to Fuji and Kodak. It is, of
course, impossible to tell if it was the post office or the
photofinisher, but why take the chance?

--
Robert D Feinman

Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
http://robertdfeinman.com
Old January 5th 04, 11:56 AM
John Horner

"Jim" wrote in message
m...
I'm about to put in a film order and am considering switching mailers.
I've been using Kodak and I noticed that they also have A&I and Fuji.
Favoties films split between Kodak and Fuji 60/40 with favorite being
K100VS. I like the plastic mounts. Do all three use plastic mounts?
Which would you recommend?

I was not happy with the processing from Fuji. Many slides came back dusty
and the paper mounts had very rough interior edges which show in the picture
and are almost impossible to clean.

A&I does a good job and delivers very clean well processed slides. A&I's
standard mount is paper, but they will do plastic if you add $1 inside the
envelope and request it.

John