Best photo software for printing?

Old October 7th 04, 08:27 PM
Fred

Default Best photo software for printing?

Hi,

I have:
- printer: HP DeskJet 970Cxi
- camera: Cannon PowerShot S45
- photo organizer: Thumbs+

I use Adobe Photo Deluxe for printing photos. I find it very easy to use for
printing multiple photos on a single page.
My only problem with it, it prints slightly dark. I tried different setting
and paper, but have not solved the problem.

Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I don't
really need a fancy photo organization package.

Thanks,

Fred
(to send email, get the lead out)

Old October 7th 04, 08:49 PM
Frank ess

Fred wrote:
Hi,

I have:
- printer: HP DeskJet 970Cxi
- camera: Cannon PowerShot S45
- photo organizer: Thumbs+

I use Adobe Photo Deluxe for printing photos. I find it very easy to
use for printing multiple photos on a single page.
My only problem with it, it prints slightly dark. I tried different
setting and paper, but have not solved the problem.

Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I
don't really need a fancy photo organization package.

Thanks,

Fred
(to send email, get the lead out)

Until this morning I used Paint Shop Pro 6 (six), with the happy result
that what came out of the Epson 750 matched very closely what I had sent
to PSP6 from working in Photo Shop 7 and 8. Except: it was just a tiny
bit light.

Today I used Paint Shop Pro 8 (eight; someone gave me a copy) and to my
delight it not only processed faster (Windows 98SE), but gave absolute
dead-on color and brightness as compared to the Photo Shop output.

So, there you are. If you need a photo processing program that will
print perfect through an Epson 750, Paint Shop Pro 8 (ocho). Should be
pretty cheap, what with 9 (nine) out there.

--
Frank ess

Old October 7th 04, 08:51 PM
Linda_N

"Fred" wrote in message
Hi,

I have:
- printer: HP DeskJet 970Cxi
- camera: Cannon PowerShot S45
- photo organizer: Thumbs+

I use Adobe Photo Deluxe for printing photos. I find it very easy to use
for printing multiple photos on a single page.
My only problem with it, it prints slightly dark. I tried different
setting and paper, but have not solved the problem.

Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I don't
really need a fancy photo organization package.

Thanks,

Fred
(to send email, get the lead out)

Fred since you are happy with Photo Deluxe (gasp! Just because newer
programs like Paint Shop Pro 9 have excellent photo correction tools ranging
from 1 click correction to full manual for full user control, not to mention
a wealth of handy features like Print Layout.) stick with it, however, what
you need to do is calibrate your printer so that what you see on the screen
is exactly (well close to) what will print. There is an excellent freeware
utility to help you called WiziWYG from praxisoft. http://www.praxisoft.com
(make sure to look for the free edition for home usage, and read the usage
agreement because if memory serves it is only free under certain
conditions).

Anyway it is easy to figure out once you start it. Choose the monitor,
calibrate your monitor and then do your printer. Should work.

With Photo Deluxe you may have also been granted access to Adobe's gamma.exe
that calibrates your monitor, but it is not all that in my opinion.

Linda

Old October 7th 04, 09:13 PM
Ryadia

Fred wrote:

Any good packages out there for printing with my configuration? I don't
really need a fancy photo organization package.

Thanks,

The only printing package I know of which automatically makes good to
excellent prints is Q image. There is a demo you can try for free.

Ryadia