Value of old Nikon "F" body with NON-"tick" 3.5cm F/2.0 lens?

Old November 17th 04, 11:29 PM
Charles Robinson

Default Value of old Nikon "F" body with NON-"tick" 3.5cm F/2.0 lens?

I just inherited this from a friend (who got it from his dad). I realize
now that I'm never going to use it, as I've been completely digital for
the last 3 years.

This is an older black & chrome "F" body in fairly good condition. It has
the clip-on light meter that goes up by the prism, but I'm not so sure
that the meter works.

How do I go about finding out what this camera/lens combo is worth so I
can go about selling it for a fair price?

I don't want to just soak someone for as much as possible... but at the
same time, I am not familiar with the Nikon line of cameras and lenses
(although I've learned the difference between the so-called "tick" lenses
and all of the other ones). If this particular camera is some sort of
rare gem, I'd hate to think of someone taking advantage of me and buying
it for peanuts, y'know?

I've done a quick bit of searching on KEH.COM through their "online quote"
tool, but even they ask more questions about what I've got than I can
understand well enough to answer correctly.

As I'm in the Twin Cities, a semi-local resource would be best -
suggestions, anyone?

-Charles

--
Charles Robinson
Minneapolis, MN

http://www.visi.com/~charlesr
Old November 18th 04, 06:44 PM
P Budd

Charles Robinson wrote in message ...
[...]

It would be a great help Charles if you could post a link to a picture
of the camera. Condition is critical in valuing older F's. Serial
number is important if it is 64XXX or 65XXX. Condition of the shutter
curtain?
Old November 19th 04, 02:52 PM
Charles Robinson

Charles Robinson wrote:
:
: I will take a few photos tonight and post 'em somewhere online for everyone to peruse.

Here are pix of the camera in question:

http://www.visi.com/~charlesr/nikon

-Charles

--