MAJOR NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: SILVERGRAIN

Old May 23rd 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default MAJOR NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: SILVERGRAIN

Digitaltruth Photo announces the release of the Silvergrain range of
photo chemicals, formulated by Ryuji Suzuki.

This is a truly exciting announcement because Silvergrain products are
the first to make use of the latest research in modern photo chemistry
and represent a major advance over other products currently on the
market. Quite simply, Silvergrain is the best photo chemistry that has
ever been produced.

Silvergrain b/w chemicals are formulated with the following aims:

*to reduce toxicity beyond levels currently available
*to maximize shelf-life and longevity of all solutions
*to produce the finest results possible
*to provide unsurpassed archival quality

SPECIAL PRE-LAUNCH OFFER

All products will be available for shipping on May 30th, but we are
offering special pre-launch pricing THIS WEEK ONLY. For more
information please visit:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/silvergrain.html

The first phase of products includes:

Tektol Standard - is a liquid concentrate print developer designed to
maximize the paper's natural image property with rich blacks and
natural whites. Tektol Standard is the ideal choice for printers who
stock a warmtone paper, a neutral paper, and a coldtone paper and
select the paper to meet the desired image quality, and is further
optimized to produce the maximum effect when used in conjunction with
print toners.

Tektol Neutral - a liquid concentrate print developer designed to
provide neutral black tones with most papers. Some popular papers tend
to provide slightly warm blacks or olive blacks when processed in a
standard print developer, but this developer will minimize this bias
while maintaining rich blacks and bright whites. Tektol Neutral is the
ideal choice for printers who prefer a neutral black tone out of their
favorite papers.

Clearfix Alkaline - a standard archival rapid fixer, ideal for both
films and prints. This rapid fixer is designed to expedite fixing as
well as the washing speed, without any adverse effect to the image
quality or permanence. Most films and RC papers can be washed to the
archival level in a matter of minutes. If you are still using an acid
rapid fixer, this is the product you have been waiting for to speed up
washing and achieve archival standards.

Clearwash - a wash aid supplied in convenient, highly concentrated
liquid stock. Clearwash works very similarly to Kodak Hypo Clearing
Agent without the mess of powder chemicals. Unlike many other wash aid
products being offered in liquid concentrate form, this product is
designed to optimize the shelf life as well as the tray life of the
solution and improves archival quality.

More products, including film developers, will be added to the
Silvergrain range in 2006-7.

Silvergrain products are available exclusively from Digitaltruth Photo:
http://www.digitaltruth.com

Old May 23rd 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Digitaltruth wrote:

Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent

Isn't that a TM name?

without the mess of powder chemicals.

Negative advertisement. Dan

Old May 24th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote:
Digitaltruth wrote:

Kodak Hypo Clearing Agent

Isn't that a TM name?

without the mess of powder chemicals.

Negative advertisement. Dan

This is not a negative advertisement at all Dan. We have specifically
avoided referring to any other competing products and only mentioned
HCA because many people are unclear as to the differences between the
terms Hypo Clearing Agent, Washing Aid and Archival Wash, and might not
understand that Clearwash can be substituted for HCA. Many people
prefer to avoid mixing chemicals from powder, which is one of the
reasons we have formulated the Silvergrain line of products in liquid
concentrate form. We respect all intellectual property rights and did
not mean to imply anything else.

Our intent is to continue to develop and make available the best
possible photo chemical products, a process which is no longer actively
being carried out by the major companies, and we are confident that
anyone who uses the Silvergrain range of chemicals will find them to be
superior to all other products currently on the market.

Old May 25th 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On 23 May 2006 11:23:02 -0700, "Digitaltruth"
wrote:

Digitaltruth Photo announces the release of the Silvergrain range of
photo chemicals, formulated by Ryuji Suzuki.

Well, that ends that.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
www.legacy-photo,com
www.xs750.net
Old May 25th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Wed, 24 May 2006 18:13:22 GMT, "Alan Smithee"
wrote:

You know -- considering the usual crap that gets posted to the Usenet-- this
announcement should be heralded and welcomed. Ryuji is one of our own, has
paid his dues, has freely given his vaste and accurate knowledge of
chemistry to the photographic community for years and I have little doubt he
has produced a top notch system. With the collapse of many the major
manufacturers the it's nice knowing there is an opportunity for new boutique
suppliers to emerge. I for one will be placing my order shortly. Hurry up
you guys I can hardly wait for the film developers!

Please let us know how it improves upon D-23, F6 and a wuick wash in
metaborate.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
www.legacy-photo,com
www.xs750.net
Old May 25th 06, 02:00 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

On Wed, 24 May 2006 19:52:27 -0500, John
wrote:

Please let us know how it improves upon D-23, F6 and a wuick wash in
metaborate.

Hmmm, didn't even know that "wuick" is a word. And I thought
spell-check has cured these things.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
www.legacy-photo,com
www.xs750.net
Old May 25th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

wrote:

Please let us know how it improves upon D-23, F6 and a wuick wash in
metaborate.

D-23 contains metol, so from an environmental point of view, and also
for anyone who suffers allergic reactions to metol, Tektol is an
improvement. But I am confused, because as far as I am aware D-23 is a
film developer and Tektol is a print dev, so the comparison is hard to
make. There are a lot of benefits to using Silvergrain products,
specifically in terms of reduced toxicity, longer shelf and tray life,
shorter washing sequences etc..

For a lot more data, please consult both of the technical information
sheets we have published:
http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/si...in-tektol.html
http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/si...ixandwash.html

Hope this helps, and thanks to everyone for all of the positive
feedback and messages that have been posted - your support is greatly
appreciated.

--Jon