Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

Old February 7th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 Killed in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

In article , "Kinon O'cann"
Yes.it's.me.Bowser says...

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem facing Islam

is
Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is to kill.

Someone
writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A cartoon? Kill the
Danes.
Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp showed his work called "****
Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten to kill? No. Why is Islam so
violent?

"Their solution to everything that they don't like is to kill."
I suppose you think that the born again in the white house was living by
the
bible when he destroyed a country, killed thousands and celebrated
"Mission
Accomplished" afterwards? The reality 'we' live in, is built on hypocrisy
and double standards.

Joseph, if you've ever followed my political rants of the past (and I can't
imagine why you would) you would know I'm no fan of GW Bush. I have no
illusions about the stupidity of Bush and his holy war. But two wrongs don't
make a right, as they say. But just as "**** Christ" didn't start the
Catholics rioting and killing, some stupid cartoon shouldn't start the
Muslims down that road, either.

Islam is the religion for people who elect not to think for themselves.

--
www.dallasdahms.com
Old February 7th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
Just keep saying that over and over guys....We'll get another resounding
Republican victory in 2008.....I love it........

Voting for your own doom, it's all been done before bub.

But my common sense tell me that I am voting for my own salvation. Don't
these terrorists kill innocent people at random? Hasn't Bush killed off
lots of terrorists? Hasn't he imprisoned Saddam Hussein and turned Iraq
into a democracy? Isn't he even now setting his sights on the Iranian
maniacs who want to build an atomic bomb and drop it on Israel? (By their
own admission) Why would I be, "voting for my own doom?" Hell, doing
nothing about these maniacs is voting for my own doom. I want my
government to spend my tax dollars getting rid of these idiots. Don't
forget, the nuclear fallout will drift over Ireland, too. You'd better
start figuring out just who the bad guys are, Kewfi, and start supporting
them. Bush has had atom bombs from day one, and he hasn't dropped them on
anybody. So who do you fear? And is that displaying common sense?

Part of the reason for why they want to do this is BECAUSE of your stupid
governments foreign policy, or haven't you worked out that bit yet?

Old February 7th 06, 01:19 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Jasen" wrote in message

"William Graham" wrote in message
. ..

"Kinon O'Cann" wrote in message

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
From the Mercury News:

"BEIRUT, Lebanon - A Muslim protest over caricatures of the Prophet
Muhammad turned into a rampage that injured at least 30 people in
Beirut on Sunday, as outrage over the drawings spread across
continents and widened the rift between Islam and the West."

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercu...d/13799947.htm

Hmmm. Folks portrayed as violent fanatics protest by acting like
violent fanatics. As Alanis Morrisette would say, "Isn't It Ironic?"

I'm going to hate myself, but it seems that the main problem facing
Islam is Islam. Their solution to everything that they don't like is to
kill. Someone writes a book they don't like? Kill the author. A
cartoon? Kill the Danes. Did the Catholics protest when Maplethorp
showed his work called "**** Christ?" Yes. Did they kill, or threaten
to kill? No. Why is Islam so violent?

My guess is that it's not Islam the religion that is so violent, but its
the pare of the world that most of them come from that is so
violent....They have been solving their problems for thousands of years
by killing their enemies.

It is also the misinterpretation of the Koran that makes them believe
they must deal the way they do, plus violence is in their blood.

But every religion's, "Koran" can be equally misinterpreted....There isn't
a spitting difference between the Koran, the Bible, the Talmud, or any of
them....They all say all things to all men. You can find anything you want
in any of them. So if you are prone to violence, then you will be able to
justify it in your "Koran", or whatever bible you use....

Which was sort of my point in not so many words. And even though I wasn't
talking about the Bable etc, it is also very true that people also
misinterpret it too and have also probably used the Bable to justify a few
violent acts, not that I can name specifics at the moment. Hell, more than
50% of the US believe the literally version of Genesis for christs
sake....no pun intended. Need we say more than that?!

Old February 7th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Off Topic: 30 _INJURED_ in Protest as Outrage over Cartoons Spreads

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

The headline was "30 _injured_" not killed.

Or maybe you have an agenda?

I heard five were killed, possibly in Denmark?

Old February 7th 06, 01:47 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
It's you friggin religious wachos that cause so many of the world's
problems.

Err.. your President was brought to power by a group of religious wackos
that believe Jesus is going to return to earth.

No. I voted for him, and I have no religion at all. I voted for him the
first time, because he wasn't a liberal.

I voted for him the second time because he was willing to wage war on
murderers,

and he isn't........funny that. He willingly send off people to their
death, knowing that some will die....and he will live and yet you do not
regard this man a murderer. How pathetic.
Saddam, as crazy as he is, did not have WMDs, fact. His people suffer more
now than they ever did. The country is a ruin. Democracy, as sad as it
will be, will never work in that place, violent religious oppressors will
always try to rule over any liberties that are achieved, effectively killing
more innocents as time passes. Religion and its conflicting varieties is
too far ingrained in their culture to achieve peace, at least in the short
term if not long term.

and I hope he goes after the ones in Iran and North Korea before his term
in office ends.

Ooooooo, invading others countries because they don't do as he likes.....but
it's OK for him to wield nukes and wage war by invading countries.

And I will
campaign for anyone who says he will go after the murderers on this earth
in his campaign rhetoric. The time has come for those of us who believe in
freedom and hate oppression to stand up and fight the tyrants on this
earth who are suppressing freedom and killing innocent people.

sounds like Dubbya all over. He supresses the masses in YOUR country and
KILLS innocents by sending them off to war so HE can control oil and "free"
trade, because the US is a big bully to many countries and always gets its
own way.

We have to stop listening to the apologists who are willing to tolerate
murderers of women and children, and leaders who are willing to build atom
bombs and drop them on innocents.

So lets go into Zimbabwee and other places where this happens to people and
not just into countries where there are massive post-war economic benefits
such as oil.

If we wait much longer it will be too late. I may not believe in God, but I
know that there are evil people on the earth, and it is my job to get rid
of them. By standing by and doing nothing, I am promoting their cause, and
taking part in the evil that they represent.

So vote NO to Dubbya and you'll save thousands of your own people by not
sending them off to wars that nobody needs to fight.
The sooner the oil runs out the better for all of us AND the environment.

Keep turning your back on the daemons who are at your neighbor's door,

who, the Dubbya campaign cronies doing door knocks?? ;-)

and sooner or later,
they are going to show up at your own door. And then you will have no one
to blame but yourself.

So vote NO to Dubbya.

Old February 7th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Well I wouldn't fancy my chances if I had to rely on Bush and his
departments, he couldn't defend New Orleans from a bit of wind and water,
how in hell could he defend me in Western Europe.

Repeat from my statement above Joesph: "Do you want to know the best
way for people to think you are intelligent? Don't say anything!"

Do you honestly think that someone could have prevented New Orleans
from getting whacked like that given that it's below sea level and that
there were breaches in the levees? Once again, you're argument sucks
and you prove to us that you're not very bright.

Jim

Old February 7th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Well, I haven't made any calls overseas and talked to any suspicious
characters, so I doubt if my phone is tapped. But if it is, they are sure
wasting their time.....:^)

Give them enough time, they'll get you for something 'they' perceive as a
threat and you'll be spending the rest of your days in gitmo.

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
His powers are carefully outlined in our constitution.

Do you think he's monitoring our little exchanges now, is that in your
constitution too, is your phone tapped also ?

Old February 7th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Surely you can't be serious.....Anyone who trains people to strap bombs on
themselves and walk into a crowded place and set them off, killing people

at
random is a bad guy, regardless of his political point of view.

Didn't the US government train the bomber pilots that killed and maimed
thousands in Iraq for no reason whatsoever only to enrich certain US
corporations and increase American political dominance, that isn't bad I
suppose.

Anyone who says he is going to build an atom bomb, and when he is finished

building it,
he is going to drop it on Israel, is a bad guy....

Nobody said any such thing like what you're referring to, and I challenge
you to provide a quote from anyone to the contrary.

"William Graham" wrote in message

"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in message
But my common sense tell me that I am voting for my own salvation.

Don't
these terrorists kill innocent people at random? Hasn't Bush killed off

lots
of terrorists? Hasn't he imprisoned Saddam Hussein and turned Iraq into

democracy? Isn't he even now setting his sights on the Iranian maniacs
who
want to build an atomic bomb and drop it on Israel? Don't forget, the

nuclear fallout will
drift over Ireland, too. You'd better start figuring out just who the

bad
guys are, Kewfi, and start supporting them. Bush has had atom bombs

from
day
one, and he hasn't dropped them on anybody. So who do you fear? And is

that
displaying common sense?

This is just too funny, are you deliberately doing this to make me

giggle?
There are no "good guys" & "bad guys", what is good or bad is a

political
point of view.

Surely you can't be serious.....Anyone who trains people to strap bombs on
themselves and walk into a crowded place and set them off, killing people

at
random is a bad guy, regardless of his political point of view. Anyone who
says he is going to build an atom bomb, and when he is finished building

it,
he is going to drop it on Israel, is a bad guy, regardless of his

political
point of view. - I could care less about anyone's political point of view,
but when people threaten my life, then I suddenly become real interested

in
them and what they are doing. And I quickly make up my mind as to whether
they are good or bad, and act accordingly.

Old February 7th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Part of the reason for why they want to do this is BECAUSE of your stupid
governments foreign policy, or haven't you worked out that bit yet?

You're wasting your time, these people see no wrong in their governments own
actions, they see themselves as the 'good guys' and are unwilling to
consider any other point of view that might shatter that illusion.

Old February 7th 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"And that, children, is why Joseph Kewfi's picture appears in the
dictionary
under "pablum-puking appeasnik"."

I'm not interested in appeasing anyone, you just don't get it. I have no
objection to Iran wiping Israel from the earth, it should never have existed
to begin with.

"Bob Harrington" wrote in message
"Joseph Kewfi" wrote in
: