Forte paper

Old January 16th 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Forte paper

I am hoping to get some comments from those who have used Forte FB variable
grade printing papers. Comparisons to Ilford papers? Thanks.

Old January 16th 06, 02:07 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article ,
"Robert J. Mathes" wrote:

I am hoping to get some comments from those who have used Forte FB variable
grade printing papers. Comparisons to Ilford papers? Thanks.

Different from Ilford. The warm tone Versions are truly warm tone papers.
Warm tone Ilford - not my experience without finaeggling to get warm
qualities to appear. The Neutral papers Forte make seem to have a little
more contrast and "bite than Ilford paper"

For about 5 years I tested the papers coming into
the country for Omega Satter that import the papers from Hungry.

All that said I like Ilford paper and will continue to buy both
brands as needed. Anything you might like to know feel free
to contact via my website or ask here.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 16th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Robert J. Mathes" wrote in message
I am hoping to get some comments from those who have used Forte FB variable
grade printing papers. Comparisons to Ilford papers? Thanks.

Forte WT is luscious! True warmtone, tones beautifully BUT about 3 stops
slower than Ilford - a big issue if you're doing large prints. Get a snack
and pull up a chair. Ilford is a sublte warm tone which is perfect for many
subjects that would be overwhelmed with an obvious warm tone. Also tones
beautifully. Heard good things about Bergger but haven't tried.

Natural Light Black and White Photography
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze76ane/
-George-

Old January 16th 06, 01:18 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

In article zFGyf.1728$SD3.582@trndny07, "seog" wrote:

"Robert J. Mathes" wrote in message
I am hoping to get some comments from those who have used Forte FB variable
grade printing papers. Comparisons to Ilford papers? Thanks.

Forte WT is luscious! True warmtone, tones beautifully BUT about 3 stops
slower than Ilford - a big issue if you're doing large prints.

3 stops I think is a bit of a stretch I seem to recall my test data
supporting about 1.5 to two stop difference.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918

greg_____photo(dot)com
Old January 16th 06, 07:19 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"seog" schreef in bericht news:zFGyf.1728$SD3.582@trndny07...
"Robert J. Mathes" wrote in message
I am hoping to get some comments from those who have used Forte FB
variable
grade printing papers. Comparisons to Ilford papers? Thanks.

Forte WT is luscious! True warmtone, tones beautifully BUT about 3 stops
slower than Ilford - a big issue if you're doing large prints. Get a snack
and pull up a chair. Ilford is a sublte warm tone which is perfect for
many subjects that would be overwhelmed with an obvious warm tone. Also
tones beautifully. Heard good things about Bergger but haven't tried.

Bergger is also about 3 stops slower than Agfa MCC which is not longer
aviable.

Hans