Photo resolutions 2005

Old December 22nd 04, 08:23 PM
Roxy Durban

Default Photo resolutions 2005

The new year is almost upon us. Has anybody made any photography related
resolutions for 2005 yet? New gear you want to buy? Places you want to
visit? Things you want to try?

I have all this wonderful equipment that I so seldom get a chance to use
to its full potential, so my resolution for 2005 is to join a camera club
for the simple purpose of getting out there more often and photographing
different things with other like minded people.

Gear wise, I am probably only looking to add a 2x converter to my Nikon AF
kit, but I think my #1 priority for next year is going to be the
acquisition of a good film scanner. I know...I know...I have told people
to just get their scans done at a Frontier lab in the past, but I think
if you are only wanting a few frames done per roll, it will be a lot
easier to just do it yourself, rather than get back a lot of files you
really don't want.

I also plan to do a series of macro work next year. I'm still mulling over
what subject matter to concentrate on, so any suggestions would be
appreciated.
Old December 24th 04, 03:08 AM

I have also been thinking about joining a camera club. I'm fairly
active in a chemical engineering society, so time may be short. I've
also been thinking about a film scanner. It's just a matter of
deciding on which one. Maybe I'll get one for Christmas.
Bob C.

Old December 24th 04, 08:05 AM
Colin D

Roxy Durban wrote:

[...]

Funny, that. I have just a month ago joined the local camera club for the
same reasons. It'll force me to do some more printing, instead of just
looking at the images. Downside: I'll have to buy a printer that will do
justice to the images. My old Epson 740 won't cut it these days. Looking at
the Canon i9950 - the European/Asian variation on the i9900.

BTW, does anyone know exactly what A3+ means? is it just borderless A3's or
does it mean the printer can do stuff several feet (metres) long?

Seasons greetings to all,

Colin

Old December 26th 04, 07:29 PM
Jan Keirse

Roxy Durban wrote:

The new year is almost upon us. Has anybody made any photography related
resolutions for 2005 yet? New gear you want to buy? Places you want to
visit? Things you want to try?

:-) I finally acquired a new camera so I'll probably buy little equipment in
2005. Lots of film and paper though ;-)

I've bought the Nikon F65, the kit with the 50mm prime was nog longer available
(they can only order it around september) so I ended up with the kit zoom lenses
(a slow 28-80 and 70-300). So I might still add a 50mm to it. I've also used my
teachers SB-800 some time ago (on his D2H), and I must say that a flash who's
head can be pointed in any direction does add a whole new dimension to flash
photography (I hate direct flashlight and try to NEVER use it, but with such a
slow lens this does off course become harder).
Maybe I'll buy a flash who's head can be moved upwards and left and right, it
will however be a cheap one. (anyone has got any experience with a vivitar 730
AF on nikon camera's?)

Kind regards,

Jan

ps.: Have a look at this:
http://jankeirse.free.fr/laurence.jpg

It's one of the images I took with the sb-800. Any comments would be appreciated
;-)

--
Jan Keirse - +32 (0)485/089.786
http://jankeirse.free.fr
Old December 27th 04, 10:28 PM
Michael Benveniste

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:23:43 +0200, Roxy Durban wrote:

The new year is almost upon us. Has anybody made any photography related
resolutions for 2005 yet?

Shoot more. Think more before shooting.

New gear you want to buy?

If Nikon manages to cough up a competitor to the 20D, I'll probably
buy it. At th same time, I'll probably buy a 28mm prime.

Places you want to visit?

We've had a long-term plan of visiting Greece this year, but I don't
know if the timing will work out.

Things you want to try?

Being a little more daring with my lighting.

--
Michael Benveniste --