Adjusting timestamp in exif

Old October 9th 04, 06:57 PM
ThomasH

Default Adjusting timestamp in exif

Do we have a batch processor capable of adjusting
a timestamp by a specific time difference? As we
were photographing in Europe, we forgot to change
the time setting in our camera and the Pacific
Std Time was of course by 9h off. Images have
thus some strange "midnight" times recorded and
some even change date!

Thomas
Old October 9th 04, 11:08 PM
GT40

Do you need to change the EXIFdata? I can't see a reason, and the
time/date was correct for where you live, so maybe you can say it was
time at home (assuming you use the exif data for anything).

Other than that I don't know of a way of changing it.

Old October 10th 04, 12:22 AM
Michael Meissner

ThomasH writes:

Do we have a batch processor capable of adjusting
a timestamp by a specific time difference? As we
were photographing in Europe, we forgot to change
the time setting in our camera and the Pacific
Std Time was of course by 9h off. Images have
thus some strange "midnight" times recorded and
some even change date!

Yes, jhead can do this with the -ta option (and possibily also -ft):

http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

--
Michael Meissner
email:

Old October 10th 04, 12:38 AM
Terry

ThomasH wrote:

Do we have a batch processor capable of adjusting
a timestamp by a specific time difference? As we
were photographing in Europe, we forgot to change
the time setting in our camera and the Pacific
Std Time was of course by 9h off. Images have
thus some strange "midnight" times recorded and
some even change date!

This is a FAQ -- not that there is a FAQ to point you to, but it *is*
a FAQ. You are not the first person to do this.

JHead can do this, and so can Exifer. JHead is command line,
multiplatform. Exifer is windows only, with a GUI. Both can add or
subtract hours from the EXIF date/time stamp, and can do so in batch
mode. Both are freeware, and are excellent programs, widely used.

JHead: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/
Exifer: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

Terry