Vuescan vs SilverFast what batter any thoughts

Old December 26th 04, 08:55 PM
Mike Koperskinospam

Default Vuescan vs SilverFast what batter any thoughts

Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
will be scanning slides mostly to start
Thanks MIke

Old December 27th 04, 12:49 AM
SoK66

SilverFast is generally considered the best scanner program. However, don;t
give up on the program that came with your scanner to begin with, or the
option of simply making all your edits in your image editing program. I've
done it both weays and frankly see no real benefit to editing oin the
scanner program at all. I simply scan for the largest file, then size & edit
PS CS.

Old December 27th 04, 02:07 AM
Hecate

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:55:59 -0600, "Mike Koperskinospam"
wrote:

Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
will be scanning slides mostly to start
Thanks MIke

If you're using a Minolta scanner, Silverfast. But get to know the
Minolta software first - you can do a lot with it.

Otherwise, try out =Vuescan for yourself and see whether you like it.
I don't. You might.

--

Hecate - The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui

Old December 27th 04, 03:50 AM
Ryadia

"Mike Koperskinospam" wrote in message
Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
will be scanning slides mostly to start
Thanks MIke

If you drive a manual shift car and don't use airconditioning or a
furnace... You might like vuescan. If you know what I mean!

Doug

Old December 27th 04, 04:05 PM
Alan Browne

Mike Koperskinospam wrote:
Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
will be scanning slides mostly to start
Thanks MIke

Many consider SilverFast to be superior, but it is seriously expensive. Your
licence will be good for only one scanner (a bizarre SilverFast 'feature').

Google on news:comp.periphs.scanners as well.

Old December 27th 04, 07:13 PM
Dr. Georg N.Nyman

Mike Koperskinospam schrieb:
Vuescan vs. SilverFast what batter any thoughts ?
will be scanning slides mostly to start
Thanks MIke

I have written a review of the VUESCAN program on my website
http://www.gnyman.com
Please read it if you like - it is a very good program and I do prefer
it over Silverfast for most applications.