Best "authorized" Nikon Repair Facility

Old December 26th 04, 09:48 PM
Jonesy

Default Best "authorized" Nikon Repair Facility

Just looking for opinions on who you feel is the best of Nikon's
authorized independent repair facilities, and why you feel they are the
best.

The reason why I am asking is that I don't want to spend the kind of
cash that Nikon USA wants to service my camera, yet I don't want to
send it to just "anyone".

Old December 26th 04, 11:24 PM
Dave

Jonesy wrote:
Just looking for opinions on who you feel is the best of Nikon's
authorized independent repair facilities, and why you feel they are the
best.

The reason why I am asking is that I don't want to spend the kind of
cash that Nikon USA wants to service my camera, yet I don't want to
send it to just "anyone".

I don't know any, so can't comment, but it might be worth your while
stating what camera you have. A place that is good for a basic camera
such as the FM3A might not be a good choice for an F5.

Old December 27th 04, 02:23 AM
Bob Hickey

"Jonesy" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just looking for opinions on who you feel is the best of Nikon's
authorized independent repair facilities, and why you feel they are the
best.

The reason why I am asking is that I don't want to spend the kind of
cash that Nikon USA wants to service my camera, yet I don't want to
send it to just "anyone".

Try "Essex Camera Repair". They have online estimates and ; in by Monday,
out by Friday servive. Always had good luck with them. Or try to look up
"Pentax Repairs". He might or might not do a Nikon, but he's the best.
Bob Hickey

Old December 27th 04, 03:36 AM
Jonesy

Dave wrote:
Jonesy wrote:
Just looking for opinions on who you feel is the best of Nikon's
authorized independent repair facilities, and why you feel they are

the
best.

The reason why I am asking is that I don't want to spend the kind

of
cash that Nikon USA wants to service my camera, yet I don't want to
send it to just "anyone".

I don't know any, so can't comment, but it might be worth your while
stating what camera you have. A place that is good for a basic camera

such as the FM3A might not be a good choice for an F5.

The camera in question is an F4.

Old December 27th 04, 11:55 AM
Wm Gardner

I tend to take mine to Authorized Photo Service in Morton Grove, IL.
Former Nikon repair depot as I understand the story..... they have done
great work on my F3's and F4's over the years. Most recently used their
services about 2 months ago.

Hope it helps,
Bill

http://www.authorizedphoto.com/

--

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."
-Theodore Roosevelt

"Jonesy" wrote in message
ups.com...