Canon BGE2 Battery Grip problems?

Old March 24th 05, 11:05 AM
Gizmo

Default Canon BGE2 Battery Grip problems?

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
I've hear there are problems with some of the Canon BGE2 Battery
Grips.

Anyone here had any problems?

I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now - no problems at all.

What problems have you heard about ?

Old March 24th 05, 01:39 PM
Gizmo

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 11:05:18 -0000, "Gizmo" wrote:

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
.. .
I've hear there are problems with some of the Canon BGE2 Battery
Grips.

Anyone here had any problems?

I've been using mine for about 2 weeks now - no problems at all.

What problems have you heard about ?

Here's a lengthy discussion in Rob Galbraith's forum on it.

http://www.robgalbraith.com/ubbthrea...=&fpart=1&vc=1

The big problem was losing contact and the camera powering down.

I've managed to replicate the problem, as detailed he
http://www.pbase.com/mriffle/bge2
Under "normal" useage the camera doesn't cut out. However, it doesnt take to
much effort pulling on the right hand side of the BG-E2 to cause the camera
to lose power.

I think it's time for a phone call to Canon /

Old March 24th 05, 06:58 PM
Dave R knows who

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
I've hear there are problems with some of the Canon BGE2 Battery
Grips.

Anyone here had any problems?

Search Google. This issue has been around since it's release.

Old March 25th 05, 03:32 PM
Skip M

"Gizmo" wrote in message

[...]

That's odd, I've tried the same thing, with no "success" on mine. It
doesn't flex enough to lose contact. In fact, it hardly flexes at all.

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old March 27th 05, 06:27 AM
Dave R knows who

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 18:58:02 GMT, "Dave R knows who"
wrote:

"John A. Stovall" wrote in message
. ..
I've hear there are problems with some of the Canon BGE2 Battery
Grips.

Anyone here had any problems?

Search Google. This issue has been around since it's release.

I know and I'm was wanting to find out if Canon had addressed the
problems from people who owned them before I got one.

Your response was more than lame.

Perfect response to your question, then, which did not ask if it had been
fixed!

Old March 27th 05, 05:44 PM
Scharf-DCA

John A. Stovall wrote:

I know and I'm was wanting to find out if Canon had addressed the
problems from people who owned them before I got one.

Your response was more than lame.

Welcome to Usenet, where probably half the responses are mindless
drivel like that. At least you were not advised to check eBay.

Anyway, I have one, and it seems to be fine. I just got it two weeks
ago, ordered on Amazon. One thing I noticed though, was that the
battery indicator in the camera, when I put one battery into the right
slot, did not show full. I think this was a result of me not tightening
the grip all the way on. It doesn't do this anymore.

"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002YE6G8/sanfrancisc0b-20?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1"

Steve
http://digitalslrinfo.com/

Old March 27th 05, 06:05 PM
Alan Browne

John A. Stovall wrote:

Your response was more than lame.

His response was perfectly valid even if it assumed you had not already
done so. Usenet is not your personal secretary.