35mm slides to digital fles

Old December 2nd 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Richard Mahan

Default 35mm slides to digital fles

I recently had some old 35mm photo slides scanned and converted to digital
files and copied to a CD when I view the files on the CD from my PC the
results are acceptable however when I put the CD in my DVD player and view
the photos on my TV monitor the results are often distorted and the quality
poor.I really would appreciate some advice as to where I can go to get some
help with this problem.

Old December 9th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
Neil Harrington[_2_]

"Richard Mahan" wrote in message
. ..
I recently had some old 35mm photo slides scanned and converted to digital
files and copied to a CD when I view the files on the CD from my PC the
results are acceptable however when I put the CD in my DVD player and
view the photos on my TV monitor the results are often distorted and the
quality poor.I really would appreciate some advice as to where I can go to
get some help with this problem.

Your TV probably has far lower resolution than your PC monitor and it's
spread over a larger area, making the low resolution more obvious. Standard
TVs are simply not very satisfactory for viewing high-definition images. If
they're distorted on the TV but not on the PC, that suggests something is
wrong with your DVD player as far as these kinds of files are concerned.

Neil

Old December 10th 07, 11:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com

You don't say what kind of a TV you have. If you have a HD (High Definition,
wide screen) TV and you DVD is a SD (Standard Definition, squareish picture)
DVD you will get a distorted picture if you have your TV set for the SD
pictures to be stretched to fill the screen.

If the above is correct set your TV to display the picture in it's native
format. You should have a black strip down both sides of the TV.

Have a good day.

William

Old December 19th 07, 11:51 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
ChrisM

In message 7c78fec8610c8@uwe,
William Hathaway via PhotoKB.com u15201@uwe Proclaimed from the tallest
tower:

You don't say what kind of a TV you have. If you have a HD (High
Definition, wide screen) TV and you DVD is a SD (Standard Definition,
squareish picture)

pedant mode
HD and SD are NOT the same thing as widescreen and 4:3 (squarish screen)!!

You can have both SD widescreen or HD widescreen.
4:3 displays can really only be SD, though it would be technically possible
to make an HD 4:3 TV.

/pedant mode

You do need to make sure that the output from your DVD is set to match
whatever your TV is though, either 4:3 or Widescreen(16:9) otherwise the
images will be either too fat or too tall.

Chris.
(Remove Elvis's shoes to email me)