Rec.photo.digital

Old January 19th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Default Rec.photo.digital

I am having trouble getting into this newsgroup. I have gotten very useful
info from there in the past. Recently when I try to access the group, my
computer goes berserk! Any suggenstions? I have unsubscribed & re upped but
with the same dishartening results.
TIA,
Nana

Old January 19th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

On 2006-01-19, nnaoj5 wrote:
I am having trouble getting into this newsgroup. I have gotten very useful
info from there in the past. Recently when I try to access the group, my
computer goes berserk! Any suggenstions? I have unsubscribed & re upped but
with the same dishartening results.
TIA,
Nana

This post got through OK )

Ask your news service provider (looks like Comcast, from here) if your
problems continue.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Old January 19th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

On 2006-01-19, nnaoj5 wrote:
I am having trouble getting into this newsgroup. I have gotten very useful
info from there in the past. Recently when I try to access the group, my
computer goes berserk! Any suggenstions? I have unsubscribed & re upped but
with the same dishartening results.
TIA,
Nana

This post got through OK )

Ask your news service provider (looks like Comcast, from here) if your
problems continue.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
-- ~~~~~~~~~~

I'm wondering if it's because it is so busy. This ng is quick to open
as there's hardly any traffic, whereas rec.photo.digital is a heavy
traffic group. I used to have the same problems when I visited a
particular poetry newsgroup where one troll posted massive amounts of
stuff every day. problem is I can't recall if it was a cache problem I
had to fix myself or something the ISP solved. I have a feeling though
that it was a corrupt file in my client and I had to clean it out, but
that's just my very unreliable memory.

--
Paul (Had a '28 Ford, had payments on that)
Stop and Look
Old January 19th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Whiskers wrote:

On 2006-01-19, nnaoj5 wrote:
[...]

You've probably heard the one about 'get a decent newsreader' ) The OP
is using OE, which isn't noted for its perfection.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers
Old January 19th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Whiskers wrote:

On 2006-01-19, nnaoj5 wrote:
[...]

True. I am using an ancient form of netscape and even that is better.
Old January 20th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

Thanks for the help. I am using OL

Old January 20th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

nnaoj5 wrote:

Thanks for the help. I am using OL

OL? Opera? Anyway, I think i found my answer by looking for newsgroups
specifically for the client I use, which is netscape. That way I was
more likely to get someone who had a lot of experience.

Old February 1st 06, 12:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

techie wrote:

OL? Opera? Anyway, I think i found my answer by looking for newsgroups
specifically for the client I use, which is netscape. That way I was
more likely to get someone who had a lot of experience.

Try using something like XNews instead.
It's a lot more adapted to nntp than netscape, outlook or other Mail
clients ever will be.

--
===Anti Spam Petition=====(^^)================================= ==
Check who is spamming 100% and ask your server to remove them

Can't do it. It takes me about a year to get used to new stuff and
that includes newer versions of netscape. :O(

--
Paul (This is really happening, happening)
Old February 12th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot

techie wrote:

Paul Heslop wrote in
Try using something like XNews instead.
It's a lot more adapted to nntp than netscape, outlook or other Mail
clients ever will be.

Can't do it. It takes me about a year to get used to new stuff and
that includes newer versions of netscape. :O(

Pretty funny.
I work with techie stuff and I learned xnews in 2 seconds.
On the other hand, I still, after 10 years in the business cannot get used
to how backwards Outlook is. Nor Netscape since AOL bought them out.

I was an OE user for a while and it bit the big one, very badly, some
files got screwed up and barring a complete windows reinstall nothing
would bring it back. I installed a couple of browsers etc to try and
couldn't get my head round any of them until I used this netscape. By
the time a kind person got on top of the problem and showed me how to
extract relevant files etc for OE fix I was hooked on netscape. i
can't even use new versions of the prog, and believe me I've tried.