I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

Old March 27th 18, 09:33 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 08:35:28 -0600, wrote:

When the internet first started, it was intended to be free (except for
paying an ISP for service). Yea, there was spam, and trolls, and idiots,
and there was a lot of pirated software going around, which was actually
a lot of fun trying to obtain it. I guess that made all of us early
users of the internet into criminals, for using a little pirated
software,

So you look back fondly on theft?

but far less criminal than those today who load automatic
weapons and murder school children.

Which, as far as I know, has never happened. And I guess that as far
as you're concerned, *anything* less than mass murder of children is
kind of like, "whatever", eh?

In another year or two, the internet will be such a sterile place that
no one will be able to use it, unless they use specific software, and
have a fat wallet to pay for it. Ther entire internet will be controlled
by a handful of companies such as google and facebook, who will solely
use it for their own profit, and they will laugh all the way to the
bank.

No one argues that the internet will continue to evolve, but you'd
have to be awfully out of touch with reality to believe what you're
saying.
Old March 27th 18, 09:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:37:28 -0400, nospam

wrote: As for online shopping, I never caught that bug. I still prefer going to
actual stores,

stores don't carry the wide range of products that can be found online.

I live in a pretty big metro area, and I can't even find **** around
here. Anyone who rejects online shopping is severely limiting himself
for no good reason. It's not a matter of saving money, it's a matter
of getting exactly what you want, and quickly.

Old March 27th 18, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Bill W
wrote:

As for online shopping, I never caught
that bug. I still prefer going to
actual stores,

stores don't carry the wide range of products that can be found online.

I live in a pretty big metro area, and I can't even find **** around
here. Anyone who rejects online shopping is severely limiting himself
for no good reason. It's not a matter of saving money, it's a matter
of getting exactly what you want, and quickly.

some items can *only* be found online. before the internet, it was only
mail order.

the internet has created a *lot* of opportunities for a huge variety of
products and services that could never have existed otherwise.
Old March 28th 18, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I'll take the OLD internet anyday, even with its spam, malware and
heaven forbid warez.

...but first you should set the clock on your computer.

Savageduck

My clock is exactly right (give ot take a few seconds), for my CST time
zone (Daylight Savings time). If it's not showing up right, it's because
of AIOE, my ISP, or something else beyond my home, which I cant control.

The fact that you are _still_ using Forte Agent 2.0/32.652 (Version 8
has been out for a year or so now)

actually, version 8 came out 2.5 years, according to their site.

version 2.0 came out in feb, 2004.

may have something to do with your
problems.

or that he refuses to admit he ****ed up.
Old March 28th 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

wrote

| Just curious, what search engine do you use the most these days?

Duckduckgo. It seems to be private. Occasionally
I use Google if DDG isn't adequate. And if I'm feeling
ambitious I sidestep the Google tracking URLs and go
direct to the site I want. I find that Google is better,
but DDG is usually good enough.

I resent Google trying to track every click, but
I also give them credit: Their site still works for
me despite disabling script and blocking pretty
much all of their other domains in HOSTS.

I haven't really used anything else for a while.
Bing was advertised from the start as specializing
in shopping. I have bookmarks for Ixquick and Zapmeta,
but I can't remember the last time I used either.
I'd be interested if there were a new one that
*only* looked for matching terms, and could handle
things like periods and dashes, but I'm not sure there's
a lot of difference between the different options.

Old March 28th 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

wrote

| Unless there was a ver 5.00, 5.01 would be the first in the "5" series.
| If you got it on a CD, was it ver 5.01? There could have been more
| (higher) versions of "5", and probably were.

I don't know the original version offhand I'd have to
dig out the disk. But I'm running 5.03. There was a
minor update at some point and I saved it.

| WinXP actually still works fine for everything I do, including the
| internet. But I grew to love Win98 and still love it.

I can understand that. I stayed with 98 for a long time.
XP started with the restrictions, product activation, etc.
But I find XP tamable. I use it on FAT32 to avoid file
restrictions. And I remove "System File Protection/PC
Health".
The one thing I appreciate about XP vs 98 is that it's
far more stable and efficient with enough power.

Old March 28th 18, 03:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| WinXP actually still works fine for everything I do, including the
| internet. But I grew to love Win98 and still love it.

I can understand that. I stayed with 98 for a long time.
XP started with the restrictions, product activation, etc.

that only affects those who wish to pirate it.

it's also much easier with win10.

But I find XP tamable. I use it on FAT32 to avoid file
restrictions.

and also to avoid being able to use large files and large hard drives.

And I remove "System File Protection/PC
Health".

for no valid reason.

The one thing I appreciate about XP vs 98 is that it's
far more stable and efficient with enough power.

compared to win98, sure.
compared to modern systems, definitely not.