tamron v. canon

Old April 20th 05, 05:45 AM

Default tamron v. canon

has anyone compared the new tamron 11-18mm with the canon 10-22mm
lens? is the quality the same?

tia ... steve
Old April 20th 05, 01:46 PM
Randall Ainsworth

has anyone compared the new tamron 11-18mm with the canon 10-22mm
lens? is the quality the same?

Oh sure, buy the cheap one. (retard)
Old April 20th 05, 02:20 PM
Paul

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

has anyone compared the new tamron 11-18mm with the canon 10-22mm
lens? is the quality the same?

Oh sure, buy the cheap one. (retard)

My wasn't that helpful.

Plonk goes another prat

Old April 20th 05, 02:41 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Paul
wrote:

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

has anyone compared the new tamron 11-18mm with the canon 10-22mm
lens? is the quality the same?

Oh sure, buy the cheap one. (retard)

My wasn't that helpful.

I got tired a long time ago of people who think that some piece of crap
like Tamron is going to be the same quality as a manufacturer's lens.
Old April 20th 05, 05:50 PM
JohaN

All right.

I only own Canon lenses since I've been able to spend that extra money the
cost. But if you don't, or choose not to, you just might be interested in
knowing what you get if you go for something like a Tamron lens. I think we
all know that they can't be just as good.

So, give Steve a hand here. Does anyone have any input about this particular
lens?

Old April 20th 05, 08:30 PM
JohaN

My (somewhat limited) experience is that non-original lenses appear to be a
bit slower or less accurate or noisier or heavier... compared to the Canon
lens they are competing with. Some say "a bit" is much too much, others will
live with it, and others can't notice the difference. It all comes down to
what experience you have and what you want to use the lens for.

The difference in price, though, is often big enough to well compensate for
the difference in performance. That's why Tamron, Sigma, Tokina and others
do sell quite a few lenses.

When I started with SLRs my choice was either buy a Tokina 100-300 or no
long lens at all... Not a very hard choice at that time! Since then I have
learnt lots and been able to upgrade to better equipment, but without that
first long lens I wouldn't have learned to take photos at all!

Old April 20th 05, 10:56 PM
Hannah

"Randall Ainsworth" wrote in message

has anyone compared the new tamron 11-18mm with the canon 10-22mm
lens? is the quality the same?

Oh sure, buy the cheap one. (retard)

I thought I could have expected a better class of response from you.
Looks like I was wrong.
If you feel justified in calling the OP a retard, then I feel perfectly
justified in calling you a ****.
Hannah.

Old April 21st 05, 03:33 AM

In message ,
Randall Ainsworth wrote:

has anyone compared the new tamron 11-18mm with the canon 10-22mm
lens? is the quality the same?

Oh sure, buy the cheap one. (retard)

How little does it cost?

I bought the Tamron 90mm Di macro, instead of the Canon 100mm macro,
because it was sharper, but it also cost a little more.
--

John P Sheehy