Trip photos and scrapbooks question

Old January 8th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_2_]

Default Trip photos and scrapbooks question

Hello,

My family and I have been on a trip to India. I want to create a
storybook type of album and give it to my daughter. Could you please
recommend some software that allows you to create the album and then get
it printed by some online printing service? I would prefer to create
the album on my desktop rather than thru the web browser with photos on
a web server.

What are some good scrapbook software out there? Yesterday I did see
our wedding photographer playing with LumaPix which really impressed me.
Will the online photo printing services recognize the scrapbook albums
from different vendors?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

NJ
Old January 8th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
Neil Jones wrote:

Hello,

My family and I have been on a trip to India. I want to create a
storybook type of album and give it to my daughter. Could you please
recommend some software that allows you to create the album and then get
it printed by some online printing service? I would prefer to create
the album on my desktop rather than thru the web browser with photos on
a web server.

What are some good scrapbook software out there? Yesterday I did see
our wedding photographer playing with LumaPix which really impressed me.
Will the online photo printing services recognize the scrapbook albums
from different vendors?

Thank you in advance for any help.

You didn't say which kind of computer you use, but if you go to
http://www.google.com and search for "scrapbook software" I am sure
you'll find some good choices to consider.

You might also consider preparing a DVD instead of a scrapbook. If that
appeals to you, then everything you need to do it comes out of the box
on any Mac, so if you have a Mac, all you need is the iLife software
that should already be installed. You can prepare a whole interactive
presentation that will play on any recent DVD player on a conventional
TV.
Old January 8th 08, 02:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marcin[_4_]

Think about digital frame.
A digital photo frame is a picture frame that displays digital photos
without the need to print them or use a computer.
I'm sure it could be the best solution for you.

Best Regards
Marcin
www.gorgolewski.com

Old January 8th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marvin[_2_]

Neil Jones wrote:
Hello,

My family and I have been on a trip to India. I want to create a
storybook type of album and give it to my daughter. Could you please
recommend some software that allows you to create the album and then get
it printed by some online printing service? I would prefer to create
the album on my desktop rather than thru the web browser with photos on
a web server.

What are some good scrapbook software out there? Yesterday I did see
our wedding photographer playing with LumaPix which really impressed me.
Will the online photo printing services recognize the scrapbook albums
from different vendors?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Regards,

NJ

You could lay out the pages with any one of several
programs. I use Paint Shop Pro. You can make the photos
whatever size you want, place them how you want them on the
pages, add titles, etc., then print the results. I suggest
you print on paper that is good for double-sided prints. I
use presentation stock, specifically from HP. You can
convert the pages to html or pdf files to put online or on a
CD. You could also send pdf files to a printer.
Old January 8th 08, 07:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marvin[_2_]

Allen wrote:
Marcin wrote:
Think about digital frame.
A digital photo frame is a picture frame that displays digital photos
without the need to print them or use a computer.
I'm sure it could be the best solution for you.

Best Regards
Marcin
www.gorgolewski.com

I really think he wants a paper-and-ink book, that can be put on a
bookshelf and pulled 20. 30, 40 years later. I'm sure that there are
plenty of companies that offer this service, but I have seen output
g=from only one: mypublisher.com. I received as a Christmas present
from a friend a book containing pictures of my last six cats, which I
treasure. There's something about a real book---
Allen

After a family trip, my son made an album that way. It was
nice, but the colors were poor compared to what I print myself.