Online Printing services

Old November 26th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,rec.photo.misc
Neil Jones[_2_]

Default Online Printing services

Hello,

I would like to print some digital photos. There seems to be a huge
number of online printing shops. I have used WinkFlash in the past
which is pretty good in many respects. Now I would like to try some
other services. Is there any one online printing service that stands
out for good quality and cost? YorkPhoto site is very difficult to
navigate. I am looking for inexpensive and easy to use sites. I
consider 0.20 cents or more for a 4x6 and 0.60 cents or more for a 5x7
prints as an expensive shop. WinkFlash prints are turning out darker
than usual. Hence the search. Any advice or information is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ

---------------------
Random URL found on the Internet
http://memoriter.net/flash/test.html
Old November 27th 07, 04:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,rec.photo.misc
Dave Cohen

Neil Jones wrote:
Hello,

I would like to print some digital photos. There seems to be a huge
number of online printing shops. I have used WinkFlash in the past
which is pretty good in many respects. Now I would like to try some
other services. Is there any one online printing service that stands
out for good quality and cost? YorkPhoto site is very difficult to
navigate. I am looking for inexpensive and easy to use sites. I
consider 0.20 cents or more for a 4x6 and 0.60 cents or more for a 5x7
prints as an expensive shop. WinkFlash prints are turning out darker
than usual. Hence the search. Any advice or information is greatly
appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ

---------------------
Random URL found on the Internet
http://memoriter.net/flash/test.html

I'm surprised you say that. I liked Winkflash but any time I tried to
upload a medium sized batch (30 - 50) shots, the transmission never
completed. Even worse, nothing was stored. YorkPhoto is cheaper and just
as good. Upload is fast since it does two at a time. The attraction to
Winkflash for me was they print the image name on the back. Some others
do also, but are more expensive. Quality wise I find most of these
places to be about equal.
Dave Cohen
Old November 29th 07, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,rec.photo.misc
Neil Jones[_2_]

Dave Cohen wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:
[...]

Thanks for info. I thought the print quality would be different from
each of these services. I started using Ofoto (some Kodak company) when
I first started using online printing and then switched to Winkflash.
With Ofoto, I noticed the prints were getting darker with later batches.
The pictures would look great on the computer but the prints were
darker. The same issue seems to be happening with WinkFlash. What I
like about WinkFlash is the cost and speed of service. WinkFlash does
have the cheapest 5x7 prints. From what you said, it looks like all
these shops seem to have the gradual print quality decline issue.

NJ
Old September 13th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo,rec.photo.misc
Not4wood

Try www.mpix.com good quality, fast turn around time and good prices to make
it worth your while.

They also just upgraded there systems with more services and you would have
a good time looking around.

I have nothing to do with them, I have used them as a test to see how they
work and in my book they are lets say 8 out of 10. Because I have not used
there new services and only used 1 other online lab and will be humble in
keeping with the quality thats out on the net.

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about mpix and would use them again in
a blink of an eye. Both for my own work and selling any kind of Photography
including Weddings.

Mark G
Not4wood