Film is Dead... or is it?

Old October 23rd 04, 07:16 PM
Gordon Moat

"Q.G. de Bakker" wrote:

Lassi Hippeläinen wrote:

Twice the 35mm frame, but it seems that some people still believe even
in 35mm:

http://www.zeiss.de/C1256A770030BCE0...2F41D05AB4C125
6F1C002E544A?OpenDocument

A new rangefinder system from Zeiss, and it is called Zeiss Ikon, not
Contax! Not made by Kyocera?

Cosina.

Cosina already makes rangefinders. Zeiss only needs to make lenses.
And they do so in Leica mount. ;-)

An initeresting detail: "Long-time Carl Zeiss partner, Victor Hasselblad
AB (Sweden), will take over worldwide (except Japan) distribution for
the Zeiss Ikon camera system."

"Except Japan"??? Why do the letters F, U, J, and I float in my mind?

C. O. S. I. N. A. ?
;-)

Some lenses will be made by the Voigtländer division of Cosina, though those
same lenses will not be offered as Cosina, nor as Voigtländer. Anyone who has
actually handled or used a modern Voigtländer lens should have absolutely no
problem with the quality of construction. I do think it is a little funny that
Zeiss once owned the Voigtländer name, got rid of it, and now is collaborating
with a company licensing the name.

Fuji Optical Industries is currently the anticipated distributor of the
upcoming Zeiss Ikon system in Japan. The thought is that it would sell
alongside the TX-1 and the Fuji version of the H1 Hasselblad. In other words,
it would appear much like a Hasselblad display anywhere else in the world.

Shriro is listed directly as the Zeiss Ikon distributor in many countries. It
seems that Shriro is more behind the Zeiss Ikon and Hasselblad distribution
idea, than some historical significance of past Hasselblad practices. Again, I
think that can only enhance the appeal of all these camera systems.

While I think this helps the Hasselblad brand recognition, I think it is a
little sad that the V series is all that really remains of true Hasselblad
cameras. The Xpan and H1 are Fuji products, though they are quite good systems.
I really wonder if we will see anything new come out of Sweden.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com

Old October 24th 04, 12:19 AM
Q.G. de Bakker

Gordon Moat wrote:

While I think this helps the Hasselblad brand recognition, I think it is a
little sad that the V series is all that really remains of true Hasselblad
cameras. The Xpan and H1 are Fuji products, though they are quite good

systems.
I really wonder if we will see anything new come out of Sweden.

I still wonder where you guys got the idea that the H1 was a Fuji product.
Contact Hasselblad, and do ask how much of it is a Swedish product.